Linda Royster Beito
|Linda Royster Beito|
|Chair of the department of social sciences at Stillman College|
|Spouse(s)||David T. Beito|
|Children||April, Keith, Quale|
|Alma mater||University of Alabama|
She was assistant professor of political science and criminal justice at the University of South Alabama from 1996 to 1999. Since 1999, she has taught at Stillman College where she has received several awards for excellence in teaching. She was also inducted into the Zeta Phi Beta Hall of Fame at Stillman College.
Her second book (co-authored by David T. Beito of the University of Alabama), Black Maverick: T.R.M. Howard's Fight for Civil Rights and Economic Power," appeared in 2009. It is a biography of civil rights leader T.R.M. Howard.
- Royster Beito, Linda (2009), Black Maverick: T.R.M. Howard's Fight for Civil Rights and Economic Power, Urbana: University of Illinois Press, ISBN 978-0-252-03420-6
- Royster Beito, Linda (1999), Leadership Effectiveness in Community Policing, Wyndham Hall Press
Selected articles and chapters in collections
- Let Down Your Bucket Where You Are':The Afro-American Hospital and Black Health Care in Mississippi, 1924-1966, Social Science History 30 (Winter 2006), 551-69.
- [www.saf.org/journal/17/Blacks.pdf Blacks, Gun Cultures and Gun Control: T.R.M. Howard, Armed Self-Defense, and the Struggle for Civil Rights in Mississippi,][dead link] The Journal of Firearms and Public Policy (September 2005).
- Isabel Paterson, Rose Wilder Lane, and Zora Neale Hurston on War, Race, the State, and Liberty,, Independent Review 12 (Spring 2008).
- T.R.M. Howard: Pragmatism over Strict Integrationist Ideology in the Mississippi Delta, 1942-1954, Glenn Feldman, ed., Before Brown: Civil Rights and White Backlash in the Modern South, University of Alabama Press (Tuscaloosa), 2004.
- T.R.M. Howard: A Mississippi Doctor in Chicago Civil Rights, AME Church Review (July–September 2001), 51–59.
- "Rival Road Builders: Private Toll Roads in Nevada, 1852-1880,* Nevada Historical Society Quarterly 41 (Summer 1998), 71–91.
- Royster Beito, Linda (Spring 2000), "Gold Democrats and the Decline of Classical Liberalism, 1896-1900", Independent Review, 4: 555–75
- Royster Beito, Linda (Spring 1997), "Police Community Service: An Evaluation of Program Effectiveness", International Journal of Comparative and Applied Criminal Justice, 21
- Royster Beito, Linda (August 21, 2006), "The Christian Conservative Who Opposed the Vietnam War", History News Network
- Royster Beito, Linda, "Why It's Unlikely the Emmett Till Murder Will Ever Be Solved", History News Network
- Royster Beito, Linda, "Why the '60 Minutes' Story on Emmett Till Was a Disappointment", History News Network
- Royster Beito, Linda (May 6, 2005), "The Grim and Overlooked Anniversary of the Murder of the Rev. George W. Lee, Civil Rights Activist", History News Network