Wessberg at the 2010 Women's British Open
|Full name||Linda Maria Wessberg|
|Born||13 June 1980|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|College||Oklahoma State University|
|Current tour(s)||Ladies European Tour (joined 2004)|
|Former tour(s)||LPGA Tour (2007–2009)|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Ladies European Tour||3|
|Best results in LPGA major championships|
|ANA Inspiration||CUT: 2007, 2008|
|Women's PGA C'ship||T46: 2007|
|U.S. Women's Open||57th: 2008|
|Women's British Open||T7: 2007|
Wessberg played college golf in the United States and was the 2001 Swedish Junior Champion. She turned professional in 2003 and was the year's player of the year on her home country's domestic tour, the Telia Tour. She finished ninth on the Ladies European Tour Order of Merit and was runner-up to Minea Blomqvist for the Rookie of the Year title. Her first two Ladies European Tour wins came at the 2006 Wales Ladies Championship of Europe and the 2007 Vediorbis Open de France Dames. She was a captain's pick for the 2007 European Solheim Cup team.
Professional wins (5)
Ladies European Tour wins (3)
- 2006 (1) Wales Ladies Championship of Europe
- 2007 (1) Vediorbis Open de France Dames
- 2009 (1) Austrian Ladies Open
LET Access Series wins (1)
Other wins (1)
- Solheim Cup (representing Europe): 2007
- The Queens (representing Europe): 2016
- European Championships (representing Sweden): 2018 (winner – women's team)
Solheim Cup record
|2007||2||1–0–1||1–0–0 def C. Kerr||0–0–1 halved w/M. Hjorth||1.5||75%|
Notes and references
- "Wessberg claims maiden victory in Wales". LET (Ladies European Tour). 20 August 2006. Archived from the original on 25 October 2006. Retrieved 5 October 2007.
- "Wessberg wins French Open". LET (Ladies European Tour). 24 June 2007. Retrieved 5 October 2007.[permanent dead link]
- "Alfredsson picks Hjorth, Tinning and Wessberg". LET (Ladies European Tour). 21 August 2007. Archived from the original on 23 August 2007. Retrieved 21 August 2007.
- Ian Carter (21 August 2007). "Iain Carter's Clubhouse". BBC Sports. Retrieved 21 August 2007.