Lindbergh Educational Center
Lindbergh Educational Center, also known as Manteca Adult School, located in Manteca, California, is part of the Manteca Unified School District. Thousands of its students have earned their high school diplomas or General Educational Development certificates. Its vocational training program "has earned numerous recognition for its effectiveness." In 1997, its Teen Parent Panel won the Action on Behalf of Children (ABC) Award.
Lindbergh offers high school diploma classes, GED preparation, ESL courses, older adult programs, music, art, and fitness classes. The center also offers courses for students interested in learning or improving vocational skills ranging from cabinetmaking to medical transcription. First Aid and CPR "outside training conferences" are offered at the center through Valley Mountain Regional Center located in Stockton, California. It is a member of Cisco System's Cisco Networking Academy in the California Congressional District 11.
Generally, there is a fee for registering. Senior adults and students taking classes for high school credit are given a discount.
Lindbergh Educational Center is housed in one of Manteca’s historical buildings, a Late Gothic Revival, constructed in 1928.
Additional national program offering
As of 2006, Lindbergh Educational Center actively offered the National Girls Collaborative Project's Girls Discover program which focuses on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. "The NGCP is designed to reach girl-serving STEM organizations across the United States."
- Career Guidance
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Exercise & Fitness
- GED Preparation
- English as a Second Language
- High School Diploma
- Medical Terminology/Transcriber
- Older Adult Programs
- "Business Programs". Manteca Unified School District. Retrieved 2010-05-03.
- Dennis Wyatt (June 24, 2009). "Woodshop Got Things Rolling". Manteca Bulletin. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Past ABC Award Recipients" (PDF). frrcsj.org. 1988–2009. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- Stockton Record, June 4, 2006
- Modesto Bee, May 27, 1992
- Manteca bulletin, April 28, 2010
- "Other organizations offering classes for parents/professionals". vmrc.net. 2006. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Cisco Networking Academy: California State Profile" (PDF). Cisco Systems. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Programs". pugetsoundcenter.org. 2001–2009. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Overview". pugetsoundcenter.org. 2001–2009. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "San Joaquin 1999 Training Directory" (PDF). sjcworknet.org. 1999. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Manteca students to meet Japanese Artist, Tokyo Publisher". www.sjcoe.org. June 1, 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-03.