This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
At each iteration, each vector is split into two new vectors.
- A initial state: centroid of the training sequence;
- B initial estimation #1: code book of size 2;
- C final estimation after LGA: Optimal code book with 2 vectors;
- D initial estimation #2: code book of size 4;
- E final estimation after LGA: Optimal code book with 4 vectors;
- The original paper describing the algorithm, as an extension to Lloyd's algorithm: