Chapel at Lindenwood Cemetery
2324 West Main Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46808
|Owned by||Dignity Memorial|
|Size||175 acres (71 ha)|
|No. of graves||69,000|
|Find a Grave||Lindenwood Cemetery|
|The Political Graveyard||Lindenwood Cemetery|
|Area||180 acres (73 ha)|
|Architect||Chislett, John; Doswell, John|
|NRHP reference No.||78000043|
|Added to NRHP||February 17, 1978|
Lindenwood Cemetery is a rural cemetery operated by Dignity Memorial in Fort Wayne, Indiana, established in 1859. With over 69,000 graves and covering 175 acres (0.71 km2), it is one of the largest cemeteries in Indiana.
Famous interments include some of the most important political figures from Fort Wayne history including Samuel Hanna (1797- 1866), Jesse L. Williams (1807-1886), Allen Hamilton (1798-1864), Colonel George W. Ewing (1804-1866), Paul Frank Baer (1893-1930), Daisy E. Nirdlinger (1879-1950) and Arthur "Art" Roy Smith (1890-1926).:3–4
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- "History - Lindenwood Cemetery". Dignity Memorial. Retrieved August 24, 2013.
- "Lindenwood Cemetery" (PDF). National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. August 24, 2013.
- "Indiana State Historic Architectural and Archaeological Research Database (SHAARD)" (Searchable database). Department of Natural Resources, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology. Retrieved 2015-07-01. Note: This includes Arthur L. Paulison (n.d.). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Lindenwood Cemetery" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-07-01. and Accompanying photographs
- Dunn, Jacob Piatt (1912). Memorial and Genealogical Record of Representative Citizens of Indiana. Indianapolis, IN: B.F. Bown & Company. pp. 438–444. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
Isaac De Groff Nelson.
|This article about a property in Indiana on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Allen County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|