|• Total||1,480.5 km2 (571.6 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,377.59 km2 (531.89 sq mi)|
|• Water||102.91 km2 (39.73 sq mi)|
|Area as of January 1, 2014.|
|Population (December 31, 2016)|
|• Density||16/km2 (42/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
The present municipality was created 1971 when the former City of Lindesberg and the former market town of Frövi were joined together.
By size, as of 2000:
Lindesberg's five twin towns with the year of its establishing:
- (1940) Kuusankoski, Finland
- (?) Oppdal, Norway
- (?) Jammerbugt Municipality, Denmark
- (1990) Frunzensky District, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- (1995) Haßberge, Germany
The largest employer is the municipality. After that follow the large hospital, serving the northern parts of Örebro County. Larger companies include Por Pac (Fagerdala Foams), Arvin Meritor and Liab.
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 december 2016" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. February 21, 2017. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Lindesberg Municipality - Official site