Lindsay G. Merrithew
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Lindsay G. Merrithew|
Lindsay G. Merrithew, CEO, Merrithew
|Born||Lindsay Gerald Merrithew
February 21, 1964
Woodstock, New Brunswick, Canada
President & CEO of MH&F / STOTT PILATES
Lindsay G. Merrithew (born 1964) is a Canadian entrepreneur, executive producer, producer, and actor. He is best known as a co-founder of Stott Pilates, an approach to the methods of Joseph Pilates. Lindsay has twice been a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (Media & Entertainment), is a five-time recipient of PROFIT Magazine’s 100 Fasting-Growing Companies award and is the co-recipient of the 2012 Inner IDEA Inspiration award, which recognizes individuals with outstanding leadership in the field of wellness. Lindsay along with his wife Moira have spent over 25 years promoting the benefits of responsible exercise through their company Merrithew Health & Fitness.
Lindsay is a past member of Ontario’s Innovators Alliance for Canadian entrepreneurs.
Early life and education
Lindsay was born in Woodstock, New Brunswick, Canada and has two sisters. His father was an employee of the San Francisco-based engineering firm Bechtel, which led Lindsay to live in many locations across Canada.
At the age of 16, he attended the private boys school Rothesay Collegiate School (now Rothesay Netherwood School) in Rothesay, New Brunswick. He received his B. Comm from Dalhousie University and also studied drama at the Juilliard School of Performing Arts (Group 15).
Health & fitness industry
In 1988, Lindsay, with his business partner and wife, Moira, opened the first Stott Pilates Studio in Toronto, which evolved into Merrithew | Leaders in Mindful Movement, and he is now President and CEO of the company.
Early in the 1990s, Lindsay set about designing the company’s proprietary line of Pilates equipment, which was adjustable to suit individual users, regardless of their height. Lindsay is an inventor who holds patents in the US, Canada, and elsewhere for a reformer appararus and the adjustable reformer, and he has patents pending in Australia and Brazil.
In 1993, Lindsay established a manufacturing facility in Toronto, Canada and began selling, marketing, and shipping equipment around the world. Today his equipment is manufactured in Ontario, Canada, mainland China, and under licence in Brazil.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Merrithew started his acting career in the mid-1980s and appeared in the made-for-television movie Perry Mason Returns, alongside Raymond Burr. He has held several recurring and guest lead roles, including the recurring role of Victor Kenilworth on the award-winning series Traders. Lindsay had a leading role in the 1993 American made-for-television drama film Family Pictures based on the novel of the same name by Sue Miller. It was directed by Philip Saville and stars Anjelica Huston, Sam Neill, Kyra Sedgwick, and Dermot Mulroney. The film earned Anjelica Huston a nomination for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film at the 51st Golden Globe Awards. It was also nominated for Outstanding Miniseries and Outstanding Individual Achievement in Writing in a Miniseries or a Special at the 45th Primetime Emmy Awards.
Merrithew's first feature-film role came in 1991 when he appeared in the horror film Body Parts. His filmography includes a mix of genres which includes playing Brutus in a filmed production of Julius Caesar for Bravo.
Lindsay recently appeared in The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe a 2015 American made-for-TV drama film on Marilyn Monroe. It starred Kelli Garner, Susan Sarandon, Emily Watson, Jeffrey Dean Morgan,and Eva Amurri Martino. The four-hour miniseries is based on the New York Times' best seller of the same name by J. Randy Taraborrelli. It has been nominated for 3 Creative Arts Emmy Awards 
Lindsay appears in the 5th season of the USA Networks hit TV show Suits (TV series) playing David Polk, the manipulative, wealthy, shark, CEO of Adidas. He tries to take advantage of a smaller shoe company during a vulnerable time. He must answer to Harvey Specter played by series regular Gabriel Macht.
||This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- In Like Flynn (1985, TV Movie)
- Perry Mason Returns (1985, TV Movie)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1985 TV series) (1988, TV Series)
- Hitler’s Daughter (1990, TV Movie)
- Murder Times Seven (1990, TV Movie)
- Body Parts (1991)
- Victum of Beauty (1991, TV Movie)
- Beyond Reality (1991, TV Series)
- Rin Tin Tin: K-9 Cop (1989-1992, TV Series)
- Forever Knight (1992, TV Series)
- Family Pictures (1993, TV Movie)
- Tropical Heat (1993, TV Series)
- Kung Fu: The Legend Continues (1993, TV Series)
- The Hidden Room (1993, TV Series)
- At the Midnight Hour (1995, TV Movie)
- Due South (1996, TV Series)
- Traders (TV series) (1997, TV Series)
- PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal (1997, TV Series)
- "The City (1999, TV Series)"
- ""Wild Card" (2004, TV Series)"
- Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye (2005, TV Series)
- Nikita (TV series)(2013, TV Series)
- The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe a 2015 American made-for-TV drama
- Suits (TV series) Episode 502 (2015, TV Series)
Lindsay is married to Moira Merrithew. They have two child ren, Olivia and Michael. Lindsay’s hobbies include sailing, golf, tennis, and general keeping in shape. He is also restoring Charles Mower’s 1923 R Class Boat, the Penobscot, in Brooklin, Maine.
- 2012 IDEA Health & Fitness AssociationInspiration award
- Power couple: Moira Merrithew and Lindsay Merrithew are striking it rich with the hot exercise trend called Pilates, Canadian Business | 1 April 2002
- "A Complementary Couple". Pilates Style. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Interview with Lindsay and Moira Merrithew, PilatesDigest, July 23, 2008
- Value Proposition Merrithew, Club Business International, 172-173 Feld, Jon. March, 2011
- The One for All: If you want to develop a world-class brand, the IHRSA connection can help Club Business International, 90-91. Amend, Patricia March, 2008
- IDEA World Fitness Convention Includes MindBody Crowd, "Industry giant Merrithew - leaders in mindful movement...", Teresa Bergen, Yogi Times, 2012
- Moira and Lindsay G. Merrithew started STOTT PILATES nearly 20 years ago, www.ideafit.com, February, 2008
- Patent for Reformer Apparatus, patft.uspto.gov, 11 August 1998
- Patent for Reformer Apparatus, brevets-patents.ic.gc.ca, 20 April 2004
- Patent For The Adjustable Reformer, patft.uspto.gov, 28 December 2010
- Patent for Adjustable Reformer, brevets-patents.ic.gc.ca, 25 March 2008
- Merrithew Marks Its Silver Anniversary, Angelique Flores, Home Media Magazine, 20 March 2012
- Fifty new fitness DVDs Archived 2012-03-22 at the Wayback Machine., The Fit Press, 20 March 2012
- How to Set Up a Pilates Studio for the Active Aging, The Journal on Active Aging, 2009.
- STOTT PILATES A Canadian Success Story Fitness Business Canada, January 2008.
- Merrithew Health and Fitness
- Stott Pilates