Lindsey Morgan at the 2018 WonderCon
Lindsey Marie Morgan
February 27, 1990
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
|General Hospital |
|Home town||Houston, Texas|
Lindsey Marie Morgan was born February 27, 1990 in Houston, Texas, to Kelly Morgan and Alice Burciaga. She is half Mexican and half Irish. She has an older brother, a half-sister, and five step-siblings.
2010–13: Career beginnings and General Hospital
Morgan began her career in college at the University of Texas at Austin, then left for Los Angeles to chase her acting dream. Within her first year of college, Morgan stayed busy by continually booking commercials and print ads. She was cast as an extra on the critically acclaimed series Friday Night Lights. Morgan made the decision to move to Los Angeles to continue her work as an actress. Her first real role was in the movie Detention (2011) starring Josh Hutcherson where she played a mean cheerleader named Alexis. In 2011, she landed the leading role in the MTV film DisCONNECTED (2011) as social media obsessed Maria. "DISconnected" was part of the MTV "A Thin Line" campaign. The film and the campaign were developed in order to empower young people to identify, respond to, and stop the spread of digital abuse in their lives.
On April 17, 2012, TVLine reported that Morgan has been cast as the contract role of Kristina Davis on the American ABC Daytime soap opera General Hospital and would make her debut on May 25, 2012. For this role Morgan was nominated for Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series in 2013. Of learning about her Emmy nomination, she said, "I was worried that I've gotten the call time wrong for my appearance on Franklin & Bash before I saw that it said "Congratulations!, I'm stunned, I'm still so shocked. I'm so honored. On March 26, 2013, it was announced that she would be departing her role as Kristina, last airing on March 4, 2013.
Immediately upon leaving General Hospital, Morgan filmed a web series called Destroy the Alpha Gammas, about which she told TV Source Magazine:
"I loved every second of it. I made some great friends and had a great blast doing it."
2014–present: The 100
On August 20, 2013, it was announced that Morgan landed a recurring role on CW sci-fi drama series The 100, which is now in its fifth season. For season 2, Morgan was upgraded to series regular.
Morgan describes her character:
"Raven is a total badass. She is a guy’s girl who is brilliant because she’s also a prodigy when it comes to mechanical engineering. She’s the youngest mechanical engineer the space station has had in 52 years, and she loves getting dirty and down with it. She’s feisty, she’s sassy, she’s strong; she’s a really cool girl. She can definitely hold her own."
In 2015, Morgan filmed her first leading film role starring as Ariana in the TV Movie Casa Vita alongside ABC Family’s Baby Daddy star Jean-Luc Bilodeau. Ariana is a Mexican-American cook dreaming of opening her own fusion cuisine restaurant much to her father's dismay. Ariana works at her father's restaurant, Casa Vita, where she meets Early Lindstrom.
On April 18, 2016, Morgan landed a lead role in the independent thriller Lasso, alongside Andrew Jacobs, Sean Patrick Flanery and Karen Grassle. Morgan’s character holds a huge amount of guilt for not keeping the senior citizens safe and takes on the duty of ensuring their safety throughout the film.
|2013||Facebook Stalking||Lindsey||Short film|
|5 Stages||Aubrey||Short film|
|2017||Beyond Skyline||Cpt. Rose|
|2011||B-Sides||Episode: "She's Too Good for Everyone"|
|Supah Ninjas||Chantelle||Episode: "The Magnificent"|
|A Thin Line||Maria||Television film|
|2012||How I Met Your Mother||Lauren||Episode, "The Drunk Train"|
|Happy Endings||Tracy||Episode: "Big White Lies"|
|2012–13||General Hospital||Kristina Davis||Regular role, 67 episodes|
|2013||Franklin & Bash||Jennifer||Episode: "Shoot to Thrill"|
|The Flip Side||Episodes: "Resolutions", "Clubbing"|
|Shark Bites||Sorority Girl 3||Episode: "Episode #1.0"|
|2014–present||The 100||Raven Reyes||Recurring role (season 1); main role (season 2–present)|
|2016||Casa Vita||Ariana||Television film|
|The Night Shift||Kryztal||Episode: "The Way Back"|
|2013||Destroy the Alpha Gammas||Lauren||7 episodes|
|2011||Boyfriend||Big Time Rush|
Awards and nominations
|2013||Daytime Emmy Award||Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series||General Hospital||Nominated|||
- Rodriguez, Priscilla (May 14, 2014). "EXCLUSIVE: Lindsey Morgan Talks The CW's 'The 100' & Her Mexican-Irish Roots". `Latina (magazine)|Latina]].
- Rapp, Ilana (June 24, 2014). "Actress Lindsey Morgan - From General Hospital to The 100". HuffPost.
- Matt Webb Mitovich (April 17, 2012). "Meet the New Kristina – and Get Scoop on Her New Attitude". TV Line. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- "GH Hires New Kristina". Soap Opera Digest. April 17, 2012. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- "The 40th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Award Nominations". National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. May 1, 2013. Archived from the original on June 28, 2013. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- "Two Former GH Stars React To Emmy Noms". Soaps In Depth. Bauer Media Group. May 2, 2013. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- "GH's Kristina Is Out!". Soaps In Depth. Bauer Media Group. March 26, 2013. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "LINDSEY MORGAN TALKS LIFE AFTER 'GENERAL HOSPITAL,' NEW PROJECTS 'DESTROY THE ALPHA GAMMAS,' 'THE 100'". TV Source Magazine. SoSource Media LLC. September 26, 2013. Retrieved August 29, 2015.
- "'General Hospital' Alum Lands Fierce Role on CW's 'The 100' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. August 23, 2013. Retrieved August 29, 2015.
- Barbieri, Alyssa (July 25, 2014). "'The 100' Season 2: Lindsey Morgan and Ricky Whittle promoted to series regulars". Fangirlish. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- "An interview with Lindsey Morgan for Season 2 of The 100". Channel 4. December 5, 2014. Retrieved August 29, 2015.
- "'The 100' Star Lindsey Morgan Lands Lead in Thriller 'Lasso' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. April 18, 2016. Retrieved April 22, 2016.