Lindy DeKoven is an author, television executive, and executive producer. She was Executive Vice President of NBC overseeing movies and miniseries and then served as an Executive Producer at Paramount/CBS where she developed the comedy, Listen Up! for CBS Television as well as, television pilots, miniseries, and made-for-TV movies for networks such as ABC, CBS, The CW, NBC, and The WB.
At NBC, DeKoven ordered to production: Merlin, Gulliver’s Travels, The Odyssey, The Temptations, Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story, A Woman of Independent Means, The 60’s, The 70’s, Asteroid, Noah's Ark, The Beast, Crime & Punishment, Pandora's Clock, The NBC Monday Night Movie female-teen franchise featuring Beverly Hills, 90210 stars, such as Tori Spelling, Tiffani Amber Thiessen, Brian Austin Green, Michelle Williams, and Jennie Garth, which was among the first television programs to feature soundtracks by new artists.
DeKoven is featured in the award winning documentary feature film, "Miss Representation," written and directed by Jennifer Siebel Newsom.
DeKoven is the author of two novels, "Primetime Princess" and "The Secret Life of Wishful Thinking."
DeKoven was director of network television development at Walt Disney Television, followed by vice president of creative affairs for Alan Landsburg Productions. She was later hired by Leslie Moonves at Warner Brothers Television and then NBC, where she worked under Don Ohlmeyer. Later she became an executive producer at Paramount/CBS.
DeKoven became vice president, movies and miniseries at the Warner Brothers Television. She was responsible for the development of all long-form projects for network and pay/cable television, including the highly rated, Men Don’t Tell and the Emmy Award winners, Miss Rose White and O Pioneers.
DeKoven was executive vice president of NBC Entertainment and NBC Productions. She was responsible for developing and ordering over 200 movies and miniseries, in addition to managing the in-house production company and a network staff. As executive producer, her notable projects included Listen Up!, a situation comedy starring Jason Alexander for Paramount/CBS, and later the pilot, Mermaids, starring Sela Ward, for Touchstone/ABC. DeKoven joined Paramount/CBS where she was an executive producer. Her projects included, the pilots, Bones, The Bobby Knight Show, and Waiting, and the miniseries Sea Creatures for CBS.
DeKoven is featured in Jennifer Siebel Newsom's documentary feature film, "Miss Representation"
DeKoven was appointed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to the California Film Commission. DeKoven served on the California State Parks & Recreation Commission  after Clint Eastwood and Bobby Shriver’s terms had expired. Schwarzenegger re-appointed DeKoven to the California Commission on the Status of Women , where she served as chair. She also served on the Board of the Governor and First Lady’s Women’s Conference of California , as well as the board of directors of Los Angeles Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
DeKoven has served on the board of directors of the Koreh L.A. Literacy Program , as well as the board of trustees at the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association. She is a past member of the Museum of Television Executive Roundtable, The AFI Second Decade Council, The AFI Women’s Directing Workshop  Advisory Committee, Hollywood Radio & Television  Society Board Member, and Women In Film  Executive Committee.
Honors and awards
- Emmy Award: Best Miniseries Gulliver’s Travels
- National Education Association: Advancement of Learning Through Broadcasting Award: Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story
- GLAAD Award: Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story
- Academy of TV Arts and Sciences: Development and Service Award
- Retinitis Pigmentosa Vision Award: “Lindy DeKoven Woman of Vision Award”
- Entertainment Industries Council Prism Award: “The Accident”
TV movies and miniseries
- The Beast
- Crime & Punishment
- Gulliver’s Travels
- Miss Rose White
- Noah's Ark
- The Odyssey
- Pandora's Clock
- The Temptations
- Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story
- Sea Creatures
- A Woman of Independent Means
- The 60's
- The 70's
- O Pioneers
- Men Don’t Tell
- Listen Up! – series, CBS executive producer
- Sweet Potato Queens – executive producer, pilot The WB
- Waiting pilot – executive producer, CBS
- The Bobby Knight Show – executive producer, pilot CBS
- Mermaids, pilot ABC
- Lindy DeKoven http://www.lindydekoven.com
- Lindy DeKoven Women and Hollywood Interview with Lindy DeKoven
- Lindy DeKoven Moll Anderson Show
- Lindy DeKoven The Women Take Over Interview with Lindy DeKoven
- Lindy DeKoven http://www.thewrap.com/tv/blog-post/we-gave-meaning-word-broadcast-31014
- Lindy DeKoven http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lindy-dekoven
- Lindy DeKoven http://hellogiggles.com/mentor-series-lindy-dekoven-former-nbc-evp-and-chair-of-the-california-commission-on-the-status-of-women-discusses-women-in-media-and-politics
- Lindy DeKoven  at Internet Movie Database
- Lindy DeKoven  at Film.com
- Lindy DeKoven  at TotalCapitol - Californina Politics and People
- Lindy DeKoven  at the California Women’s Commission
- Lindy DeKoven in The Movie Business Book By Jason E. Squire
- Lindy DeKoven  in GLADD/LA Reports
- Lindy DeKoven  in the New York Times