Line 12 (Shanghai Metro)
Dalian Road station line 12 platform
|Other name(s)||M2 (planned name)|
|Locale||Pudong; Yangpu, Hongkou, Jing'an, Huangpu, Xuhui, and Minhang districts|
|Daily ridership||826,000 (2019 Peak)|
|Opened||December 29, 2013|
|Operator(s)||Shanghai No.4 Metro Operation Co. Ltd.|
|Line length||40.4 km (25.10 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||Overhead lines (1500 volts)|
|Operating speed||80 km/h (49.71 mph)|
Line 12, Shanghai Metro
Line 12 is an east-west line of the Shanghai Metro network. It runs from Jinhai Road in Pudong to Qixin Road in Minhang District. The first section from Tiantong Road to Jinhai Road opened on 29 December 2013, and additional stations up to Qufu Road were in operation by 10 May 2014. The remaining stations opened on 19 December 2015. The line is colored green on system maps. Since the opening of the extension in December 2015, Line 12 has the most interchanges with other metro lines in the Shanghai Metro. In 2020 the line will interchange with two new metro lines: Line 15 and Line 18.
|●||●||Middle Longhua Road||龙华中路||1.35||12.55|
|●||●||South Shaanxi Road||陕西南路||1.49||16.62||Huangpu|
|●||●||West Nanjing Road||南京西路||1.40||18.02||Jing'an|
|●||●||International Cruise Terminal||国际客运中心||1.69||23.47||Hongkou|
|●||North Yanggao Road||杨高北路||1.27||34.66|
- South Shaanxi Road – a major interchange station with Lines 1 and 10
- West Nanjing Road – located under the busy Nanjing Road, and an interchange station with Lines 2 and 13.
|Tiantong Road — Jinhai Road||29 December 2013||17.5 km (10.87 mi)||15||(1st section)|
|Qufu Road — Tiantong Road||10 May 2014||1.1 km (0.68 mi)||1||(2nd section)|
|Qixin Road — Qufu Road||19 December 2015||21.8 km (13.55 mi)||16||(3rd section)|
|Type||Time of manufacturing||Series||Sets||Assembly||Notes|
|Type A||2011–2013||12A01||41||Tc+Mp+M+M+Mp+Tc||Manufactured by CNR Changchun based on the Bombardier Movia platform.|
|Type A||2017-||12A02||21||Tc+Mp+M+M+Mp+Tc||Manufactured by CNR Changchun|
- "Metro breaks records" (in Chinese). Shanghai Metro. 9 March 2019. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Eye-catching stations highlight of Metro Line 12". Eastday. 18 December 2013. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Xu, Huili (23 May 2014). "Qufu Rd. Station of Metro Line 12 Opens on May 10". Graphics by Zuo Rongliang. Shanghai Shentong Metro Group. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- Chen, Lydia (30 December 2008). "Metro Line 12 to connect Minhang and Pudong". Shanghai Daily. Archived from the original on 13 December 2009. Retrieved 27 December 2009.
- Xu, Huili; Qu, Chunliang (2 November 2015). "Metro Lines 12, 13 Adjust Departure Time of First, Last Trains from Oct. 24". Graphics by Ji Zhoujie. Shanghai Shentong Metro Group. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- Zhang, Ningniing (18 December 2015). "Metro network adds 27 stations". Shanghai Daily. Retrieved 11 January 2016.