Line 15 (São Paulo Metro)
|São Paulo Metro Line 15 (Silver)|
|System||São Paulo Metro|
|Status||Partially in operation,
Partially under construction
|Locale||São Paulo, Brazil|
Hospital Cidade Tiradentes Station
|Opened||30 August 2014 (between Vila Prudente Station and Oratorio Station)|
|Operator(s)||Companhia do Metropolitano de São Paulo|
|Line length||2.9 km (1.8 mi) (operational)
27 km (17 mi) (planned)
Line 15 (Silver) is a line of the São Paulo Metro. The launch customer for the Bombardier Innovia Monorail 300, the line is South America's first mass-transit monorail, and when completed it will be the largest and highest capacity monorail system in the Americas. The first section, from Vila Prudente Station to Oratório Station, opened on 30 August 2014, initially running 10 AM–3 PM on weekends only. As of 10 August 2015[update] the line is operational from 7 AM–7 PM.
When complete, this new line will be approximately 27 kilometres (17 mi) long and have eighteen stations, beginning at the Ipiranga Station and ending at the future Hospital Cidade Tiradentes Station.
- December 2009: Construction initiated
- 30 August 2014: Vila Prudente-Oratório (2.9 km), operating Saturdays and Sundays only, from 10AM to 3PM
- 20 December 2014: Vila Prudente-Oratório (2.9 km), operating every day from 9AM to 2PM
- 10 August 2015: Vila Prudente-Oratório, operating every day from 7AM to 7PM
|VPM||Vila Prudente||Island platforms||Elevated||Line 2 (Green) and Urban Bus Terminal||Vila Prudente|
|ORA||Oratório||Island platforms||Elevated||-||Água Rasa|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Line 15-Prata (São Paulo Metro).|
- "Sao Paulo, Brazil". monorails.org.
- "Primeiro monotrilho do país será inaugurado hoje em São Paulo". uol.com.br (in Portuguese).
- "Monotrilho da Linha 15-Prata está cinco anos atrasado e R$ 4,8 bi acima do previsto". Rede Brasil Atual (in Portuguese).
- Information about SP Metro expansion projects on the SP government website (in Portuguese).