Line 4, Shanghai Metro
|Line 4, Shanghai Metro|
A view of the Yishan Road station.
|Termini||continuous loop from/to Yishan Road, which serves as terminal for trains returning to depot|
|Daily ridership||950,000 (2017 Peak)|
|Opened||December 31, 2005|
|Operator(s)||Shanghai No.3 Metro Operation Co. Ltd.|
|Character||Underground and elevated|
|Line length||33.7 km (20.94 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||Overhead lines (1500 volts DC)|
|Operating speed||80 km/h (50 mph)|
Line 4 is a loop line of the Shanghai Metro network. Its rolling stock carry a bright violet colour belt to differentiate them from Line 3 trains which share a portion of its track. To determine the direction of travel, the line that travels counter-clockwise is called the Outer Loop (外环), while the other line is known as the Inner Loop (内环). Although it is a loop line, trains returning to the depot use Yishan Road as a terminal to let all passengers disembark. The first segment of the line between Damuqiao Road and Lancun Road (running in a "C"-shape) opened on December 31, 2005. The remainder of the line opened on December 29, 2007. The line is colored purple on system maps.
|— ↑ Loop line towards Shanghai Indoor Stadium ↑ —||1.14||1.14|
|West Yan'an Road||延安西路||1.41||2.78|
|Shanghai Railway Station||上海火车站||[note 1] Shanghai||1.72||10.86||Zhabei|
|Pudian Road||浦电路||[note 2]||0.85||21.31|
|South Xizang Road||西藏南路||1.22||27.21|
|Shanghai Indoor Stadium||上海体育馆||0.67||32.67|
|— ↓ Loop line towards Yishan Road ↓ —||1.14||33.81|
- Shanghai Railway Station: Interchange with Line 3. To transfer to Line 1, passengers need to exit through a tunnel and purchase a ticket to re-enter the station.
- Zhongshan Park: Interchange with Line 2 and Line 3.
- Century Avenue: Interchange with Lines 2, 6 and 9. It is Shanghai's first 4-line interchange station.
- South Xizang Road: The first platform-to-platform interchange station in the Shanghai Metro network. Interchange with Line 8.
- Shanghai Stadium: Serves Shanghai Stadium.
- Shanghai Indoor Stadium: Serves the sports stadium of the same name and the biggest regional and interregional bus station in the city. Interchange with Line 1.
|Damuqiao Road — Lancun Road||31 December 2005||25.0 km (15.53 mi)|
|Lancun Road — Damuqiao Road||29 December 2007||8.7 km (5.41 mi)|
|Type||Time of manufacturing||Series||Sets||Assembly||Notes|
|Type A||2005–2007||AC05||28||Tc＋Mp＋M＋M＋Mp＋Tc||Manufactured by Siemens AG and CSR Zhuzhou|
|Type A||2014–2015||Unknown||26||Tc＋Mp＋M＋M＋Mp＋Tc||Manufactured by Alstom and CNR Changchun; runs both on Lines 3 and 4|
- Out of system transfer with Line 1.
- Transfers between Line 4 and Line 6 are not possible at this station since both stations are located along different parts of Pudian Road.
- "Metro breaks records" (in Chinese). Shanghai Daily. 2017-03-10. Retrieved 2017-03-24.