Line 9, Shanghai Metro
|Line 9, Shanghai Metro|
An AC09 series train enters Songjiang University Town station.
|Status||In operation; extension to Caolu under construction|
|Termini||Songjiang South Railway Station
Middle Yanggao Road
|Daily ridership||1.02 million (2017 peak)|
|Operator(s)||Shanghai No.1 Metro Operation Co. Ltd.|
|Line length||51.7 km (32.12 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||Overhead lines (1500 volts)|
|Operating speed||80 km/h (50 mph)|
|Line 9, Shanghai Metro|
Line 9 is a southwest-northeast line of the Shanghai Metro network. The line runs from Songjiang South Railway Station in Songjiang District to Middle Yanggao Road in Pudong. The line is colored light blue on system maps.
|Songjiang South Railway Station||松江南站||Songjiangnan||0.00||0.00||Songjiang|
|Songjiang Sports Center||松江体育中心||1.72||3.49|
|Songjiang University Town||松江大学城||2.65||7.70|
|Caohejing Hi-Tech Park||漕河泾开发区||1.35||31.99||Xuhui|
|Middle Yanggao Road||杨高中路||2.26||49.42|
- Songjiang University Zone- many universities, including Donghua University, Shanghai International Studies University, East China University of Politics and Law, Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade are located there.
- Sheshan - serving Sheshan Hill, a tourist and pilgrimage destination with the Sheshan Observatory and the Sheshan Basilica.
- Qibao - serving the old town of Qibao.
- Caohejing Development Zone - serving Caohejing, a high-tech park.
- Xujiahui - a busy station with many shopping malls and office buildings in the vicinity, with transfer to Line 1 and Line 11.
- Century Avenue - a major interchange station on four lines: 2, 4, 6 and 9.
Line 9 did not directly connect to the rest of the Shanghai Metro network until the opening of the Line 9 portion of the Yishan Road station on December 28, 2008. The station is an interchange between Line 3 and Line 4. A shuttle bus conveyed passengers between Guilin Road and Yishan Road stations until construction was completed.
In December 2009, the second phase of Line 9 (from Yishan Road to Century Avenue) was completed, providing passengers with a direct link from Songjiang District in the west to Pudong in the east without having to transfer to other lines.
On April 7, 2010 the extension to Middle Yanggao Road Station was completed.
In December 30, 2012 the extension from Songjiang New City to Songjiang south Railway Station was completed.
|Songjiang Xincheng — Guilin Road||29 December 2007||29.013 km (18.03 mi)|
|Guilin Road — Yishan Road||28 December 2008||1.687 km (1.05 mi)|
|Yishan Road — Century Avenue||31 December 2009||11.491 km (7.14 mi)|
|Century Avenue — Middle Yanggao Road||7 April 2010||2.435 km (1.51 mi)|
|Songjiang South — Songjiang Xincheng||30 December 2012||6.474 km (4.02 mi)|
|Type||Time of manufacturing||Series||Sets||Assembly||Notes|
|Type A||2004–2005||AC04||10||Tc+Mp+M+M+Mp+Tc||Manufactured by CSR Changchun and Bombardier platform all transferred from Line 1.|
|Type A||2008–2010||AC09||41||Tc+Mp+M+M+Mp+Tc||Manufactured by CSR Changchun based on the Bombardier Movia platform.|
- "Metro breaks records" (in Chinese). Shanghai Daily. 2017-03-10. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- ExploreMetro Blog: Line 9 gets linked up
- "Shanghai Urban Rail Transit recent construction plan (2010-2020)". Retrieved 2015-01-08.