Line 9 (Shanghai Metro)
An AC09 series train enters Songjiang University Town station.
|Other name(s)||R4 (planned name)|
|Locale||Pudong; Huangpu, Xuhui, Minhang and Songjiang districts|
|Termini||Songjiang South Railway Station|
|Daily ridership||1.15 million (2018 peak)|
|Operator(s)||Shanghai No.1 Metro Operation Co. Ltd.|
|Line length||63.8 km (39.64 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||Overhead lines (1500 volts)|
|Operating speed||80 km/h (50 mph)|
|Line 9, Shanghai Metro|
Line 9 is a southwest-northeast line of the Shanghai Metro network. The line runs from Songjiang South Railway Station in Songjiang District to Caolu in Pudong. The line is colored light blue on system maps.
|Songjiang South Railway Station||松江南站||IMH||0.00||0.00||Songjiang|
|Songjiang Sports Center||松江体育中心||1.73||3.53|
|Songjiang University Town||松江大学城||2.64||7.75|
|Caohejing Hi-Tech Park||漕河泾开发区||1.33||32.09||Xuhui|
|Middle Yanggao Road||杨高中路||2.43||49.72|
- Songjiang University Town- the hub of several top universities in Shanghai, including Donghua University, Shanghai International Studies University, East China University of Politics and Law, Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade are located there.
- Sheshan - serving Sheshan Hill, a tourist and pilgrimage destination with the Sheshan Observatory and the Sheshan Basilica.
- Qibao - serving the old town of Qibao.
- Caohejing Hi-Tech Park - serving Caohejing, a high-tech park.
- Xujiahui - one of the busiest metro stations in Shanghai, with shopping malls and office buildings in the vicinity, with transfer to Line 1 and Line 11.
- Century Avenue - a major interchange station on four lines - Lines 2, 4, 6 and 9.
Line 9 did not directly connect to the rest of the Shanghai Metro network until the opening of the Line 9 portion of the Yishan Road station on December 28, 2008. The station is an interchange between Line 3 and Line 4. A shuttle bus conveyed passengers between Guilin Road and Yishan Road stations until construction was completed.
In December 2009, the second phase of Line 9 (from Yishan Road to Century Avenue) was completed, providing passengers with a direct link from Songjiang District in the west to Pudong in the east without having to transfer to other lines.
On April 7, 2010, the extension to Middle Yanggao Road Station was completed.
On December 30, 2012, the extension from Songjiang New City to Songjiang South Railway Station was opened.
On December 30, 2017, the line's east extension, consisting of 9 stations from Middle Yanggao Road to Caolu, entered operation.
|Songjiang Xincheng — Guilin Road||29 December 2007||29.013 km (18.03 mi)||12||Phase 1 (initial section)|
|Guilin Road — Yishan Road||28 December 2008||1.687 km (1.05 mi)||1||Phase 1 (final section)|
|Yishan Road — Century Avenue||31 December 2009||11.491 km (7.14 mi)||9||Phase 2 (initial section)|
|Century Avenue — Middle Yanggao Road||7 April 2010||2.435 km (1.51 mi)||1||Phase 2 (final section)|
|Songjiang South — Songjiang Xincheng||30 December 2012||6.474 km (4.02 mi)||3||Phase 3 (southern section)|
|Middle Yanggao Road — Caolu||30 December 2017||14.099 km (8.76 mi)||9||Phase 3 (eastern section)|
|Type||Time of manufacturing||Series||Sets||Assembly||Notes|
|Type A||2004–2005||09A01||10||Tc+Mp+M+M+Mp+Tc||Manufactured by CNR Changchun and Bombardier platform all transferred from Line 1.|
|Type A||2008–2010||09A02||41||Tc+Mp+M+M+Mp+Tc||Manufactured by CNR Changchun based on the Bombardier Movia platform.|
|Type A||2016–2018||09A03||36||Tc+Mp+M+M+Mp+Tc||Manufactured by CNR Changchun|
- "Metro breaks records" (in Chinese). Shanghai Metro. 2018-03-10. Retrieved 2018-03-10.
- ExploreMetro Blog: Line 9 gets linked up
- "Shanghai Urban Rail Transit recent construction plan (2010-2020)". Retrieved 2015-01-08.