Line 9, Tianjin Metro
|Line 9, Tianjin Metro|
A train at Tanggu
|Termini||Tianjin Railway Station
|Daily ridership||97,000 (Avg.)|
|Opened||28 March 2004|
|Operator(s)||Binhai Mass Transit Corporation|
|Character||Underground, At-grade, & Elevated|
|Line length||52.76 km (32.78 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Tianjin Metro Line 9 (Also called Binhai Light Rail Line 9) is a subway line on the Tianjin Metro. It is run by Binhai Mass Transit Development Co. Ltd. The line opened on 28 March 2004. It has since undergone expansion, and currently spans 52.8 km and has 19 stations and connects Tianjin with neighbouring Binhai.
It takes a total of around an hour in either direction. A long section of the line is run parallel to the Jintang expressway.
The train can travel up to 100 km/h. Of 4 bridges along the line, the No. 1 and No. 4 bridges are longer and ballastless track is used; the No. 2 and No. 3 bridges use ballasted track. The No. 1 bridge, from Guanghua Road (between Dongxing Road and Zhongshanmen stations) to Babao, total length 25.8 km, is the longest bridge used in rapid transit systems in China.
The train service on the whole line was suspended on 13 August 2015 after a series of massive explosions devastated the area. The explosions occurred less than a kilometre from Donghailu station; the roof of the station collapsed, and the control centre nearby was destroyed. The line resumed operation on 16 December from Tianjin Railway Station to Tianjin Pipe Corporation Station.
- 2001 May 18 - Construction begins
- 2003 September 30 - Construction completes
- 2004 March 28 - Trial service begins, 6 stations are open to service: Zhongshanmen, Donglikaifaqu, Gangguangongsi, Yanghuoshichang, Dongtinglu, and Donghailu. The price of the tickets are 3 yuan for less than 30 km or 5 yuan for greater than 30 km. The first train departs at 07:00 and the last at 19:00. Hujiayuan is a special station only open to BMT staffs and Huizhanzhongxin station near TEDA football field is only open for football matches and other special events.
- 2004 May 25 - Yihaoqiao station opens for service
- 2004 September 13 - Extends open time to 06:30 - 19:00
- 2004 October 18 - Shiminguangchang station opens
- 2005 March 27 - Huizhanzhongxin station opens on normal days
- 2005 April 28 - Erhaoqiao station opens, Yihaoqiao station closes. Automatic ticket selling and checking system begins use. The price of a ticket changes to 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 yuan, depending on the travel distance. Extends open time to 06:30 - 20:00.
- Late 2005 or early 2006 - Yanghuoshichang station changed name to Tanggu; Dongtinglu changed name to TEDA.
- 2006 March 1 - Yihaoqiao station reopens; Xinlizhen, Xiaodongzhuang, Junliangcheng, Hujiayuan stations open, so all 14 stations that have been constructed are open.
- 2006 March 28 - At 11 a.m., the trains begin automatic train operation; the total travel time from Zhongshanmen to Donghailu decreases from 49 min to 47.5 min.
- 2006 May 1 - Extends open time to 06:30 - 21:00.
- 2010 May 1 - Shiyijing Road to Zhongshanmen was opened
- 2015 August 12 - the 2015 Tianjin explosions caused significant damage; all operations are suspended.
- 2015 December 16 - Tianjin Railway Station to Tianjin Pipe Corp Station section starts to resume operation. The operation time is 06:00 - 22:30.
- Early 2016 - Tianjin Pipe Corp Station to Citizen Plaza section starts to resume operation. The Donghai Road is managed to be rebuild later.
- December 31st, 2016 - Citizen Plaza to Donghai Road section starts to resume operation. That means the line is rebuilt well.
|Zhongshanmen — Donghai Road||28 March 2004||45.409 km (28.22 mi)|
|Yihaoqiao||25 May 2004||Infill station|
|Citizen Plaza||18 October 2004||Infill station|
|Convention and Exhibition Center||27 March 2005||Infill station|
|Erhaoqiao||28 April 2005||Infill station|
|Hujiayuan||1 June 2006||Infill station|
|Shiyijing Road — Zhongshanmen||1 May 2011||6.151 km (3.82 mi)|
|Tianjin — Shiyijing Road||15 October 2012||1.2 km (0.75 mi)|
|Tianjin Pipe Corporation — Donghai Road||16 December 2015||Temporary ceased operation|
|Tianjin Pipe Corporation — Citizen Plaza||27 June 2016||Reentered operation|
|Citizen Plaza — Donghai Road||31 December 2016||Reentered operation|
|Zhangguizhuang, Taihu Road||Infill stations|
Stations (west to east)
|Tianjin Railway Station||天津站||0.00||0.00||Hedong|
|Dongli Economic Development Area||东丽开发区||1.98||15.22|
|Tianjin Pipe Corp||钢管公司||4.25||28.71|
|Convention and Exhibition Center||会展中心||1.35||50.19|
|Type||Time of manufacturing||Series||Sets||Assembly||Notes|
|Type B||2003 - 2010||DKZ7||38||Mcp+T+T+Mcp||Manufactured by CNR Changchun Railway Vehicles|
- "天津地铁9号线全线投运 乘客"超时"按线网最高票价扣费". Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "天津地铁9号线延至天津站 末车时间延长至22:00". Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- 津滨轻轨地铁9号线受损严重 展开抢修 尽早恢复运营 津滨轻轨地铁9号线受损严重 展开抢修 尽早恢复运营
- "津滨轻轨16日起恢复部分路段运营". China National Radio. 2015-12-14. Retrieved 2015-12-14.