Line S13 (Milan suburban railway service)
|Milano Bovisa–Milano Passante–Pavia|
|System||Milan suburban railway service|
|Rolling stock||Treno Servizio Regionale|
|Line length||32 km (20 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||3,000 V DC|
Line S13, a cross-city route, heads initially in an southerly direction from Milano Bovisa-Politecnico through the Milan Passante railway to Milano Rogoredo. From there, it turns southwest towards its southern terminus, Pavia.
The route was activated on 11 December 2011, to coincide with the introduction of the 2011/12 winter timetable. It replaced the S10, which was simultaneously closed down.
The stations on the S13 are as follows (the stations with a coloured background are within the municipality of Milan):
|Milano Porta Garibaldi||1963|
|Milano Porta Venezia||1997|
|Milano Porta Vittoria||2004|
|Certosa di Pavia||1862|
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of Milan suburban railway stations
- Rail transport in Italy
- Transport in Milan
- "S come Suburbano" [S for Suburban]. Direzione Generale Infrastrutture e Mobilità website (in Italian). RegioneLombardia. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Linee" [Lines] (PDF). Direzione Generale Infrastrutture e Mobilità website (in Italian). RegioneLombardia. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Linea S13 Milano Bovisa - Passante - Pavia". Direzione Generale Infrastrutture e Mobilità website (in Italian). RegioneLombardia. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Milan suburban railway service.|
- ATM – official site
- Trenord – official site (Italian)
- Schematic of Line S13 – schematic depicting all stations on Line S13
This article is based upon a translation of the Italian language version as at November 2012.