|Engine||Proprietary game engine|
Lineage Eternal is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) by NCSOFT. It is part of the Lineage series and a sequel to the first Lineage game. Lineage Eternal was first announced in November 2011 but has suffered numerous delays in its release schedule, with the earliest beta testing planned for 2016. NCSoft announced the first South Korea Closed Beta would begin on November 30, 2016 and end on December 04, 2016.
The game has suffered from numerous delays during development. On November 8, 2011, NCSOFT officially announced Lineage Eternal as the sequel to the first Lineage, released in 1998. The first gameplay videos debuted at the G-Star 2011 gaming convention in South Korea on November 9, 2011. In August 2013, NCSOFT announced it was preparing to roll out the beta schedule of Lineage Eternal by the end of 2013. In August 2015, the developers planned to initiate beta testing in Korea towards the end of year, but during a conference call in November they confirmed that closed beta testing would be delayed until 2016.
- "Lineage Eternal Game Review". MMOs.com. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Priestman, Chris (6 August 2015). "NCSoft Has Started Beta Testing Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance At Last". Siliconera. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- Schuster, Shawn (2011-11-08). "G-Star 2011: NCsoft announces Lineage Eternal". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- "Lineage Eternal G-star 2011 Official Video". YouTube. NCSOFT. 2011-11-09. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- Olivetti, Justin (2013-08-15). "NCsoft looking ahead to Lineage Eternal beta, WildStar launch". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
|This online game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|