From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up liner in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Liner or LINER may refer to:
- Acoustic liner, a sandwich panel made by porous facing sheet (e.g. perforated metal sheet), a honeycomb layer, and an impervious back-sheet. It used to lower the noise of aircraft engines via Helmholtz resonance
- Album liner, another name for a record sleeve or combination of sleeve and outer sheath (usually printed cardboard) in which a vinyl record is normally stored
- Liner notes, text printed on or accompanying the sheaths, cases and other forms of packaging in which vinyl records, CDs, DVDs, etc., are stored
- Bin liner, an item used as a protective layer fitted inside of a bin or another object
- Landfill liner, a membrane placed at the bottom of landfills
- Liner, an installation of well-drilling casing that does not extend to the surface
- Liner (sewing)
- Release liner, a paper or film used on labels and adhesive tapes to cover the adhesive until ready for use
- Liner, a protection measure placed inside something to prevent it from getting dirty such as a plastic sheet or film.
- Liner (gun), the innermost tube of a large gun.
- Airliner, a large fixed-wing aircraft for transporting passengers and cargo
- Ocean liner, a type of modern-day passenger ship
- Superliner (passenger ship), an ocean liner over 10,000 gross tons
- Cruise ship, also known as a cruise liner
- Ship of the line, an archaic term, a type of warship used from the 17th century to the 19th century
- Liner (baseball) or "line drive", a type of baseball stroke
- Linerboard or "liner", a type of paperboard used in making corrugated fiberboard
- Low-ionization nuclear emission-line region (LINER), a class of galactic nuclei (also used to refer to galaxies with such nuclei)
- Liner (band), a reincarnation of the British rock band Blackfoot Sue
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Liner.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.