Ling Liong Sik
|Yang Amat Berbahagia Tun Dr.
Ling Liong Sik
|6th President of the Malaysian Chinese Association|
September 3, 1986 – May 23, 2003
|Preceded by||Tan Koon Swan|
|Succeeded by||Ong Ka Ting|
|Malaysian Minister for Transport|
7 January 1986 – 25 May 2003
|Prime Minister||Mahathir Mohammed|
|Preceded by||Chong Hon Nyan|
|Succeeded by||Chan Kong Choy|
|Born||Ling Liong Sik
18 September 1943
Kuala Kangsar, Perak, British Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) part of Barisan Nasional|
|Spouse(s)||Ong Ee Nah (王维娜)|
|Children||Ling Hee Leong, Ling Hee Keat|
|Alma mater||University of Singapore|
He was president of the Malaysian Chinese Association, and the Malaysian Minister for Transport. He is the current chairman of the Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman. UTAR's Dewan Tun Dr. Ling Liong Sik is named after him.
He is married to Toh Puan Ong Ee Nah and has two sons: Hee Leong and Hee Kiat.
In 1974, he was elected as Member of Parliament for Mata Kuching constituency. He successfully defended his position in 1978 and 1982. He was elected Member of Parliament for Labis in 1986. He also subsequently successfully defended his position in the 1990, 1995 and 1999 general elections.
He was elected in 1986 as the sixth President of the Malaysian Chinese Association; he held this position for almost 17 years until 2003.
In 1986, he was appointed Transport Minister. Prior to that, he had held the position of Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Local Government and Federal, Territory, Deputy Information Minister, Deputy Finance Minister and Deputy Education Minister.
He was the Minister of Transport of Malaysia from 7 January 1986 till 25 May 2003.
Honour of Malaysia
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Ling Liong Sik|
- Datuk Seri Dr Ling Liong Sik Archived 4 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine., thestar.com.my
- Past Presidents, Tun Dr Ling Liong Sik Archived 21 June 2007 at the Wayback Machine., Malaysian Chinese Association
- "UTAR Commemorates 10th Anniversary". UTAR. March 17, 2015.
- Lau, Leslie (July 29, 2010). "A full circle for Dr Ling". The Malaysian Insider. Archived from the original on 31 July 2010.
- Chooi, Clara (July 29, 2010). "MCA in shock over Dr Ling’s PKFZ charge". The Malaysian Insider. Archived from the original on 31 July 2010.
- Fazy Sahir (July 29, 2010). "PKFZ scandal: Former MCA boss Ling charged". Free Malaysia Today. Archived from the original on 29 July 2010.
- "Senarai Penuh Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat Persekutuan Tahun 2004." (PDF).