|Lingya District |
Lingya District in Kaohsiung City
|Population (January 2016)|
|Website||Official Website (Chinese)|
Lingya District (Chinese: 苓雅區; pinyin: Língyǎ Qū) is a district of Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The Tuntex Sky Tower and the Kaohsiung City Hall are located here. Lingya District is the administrative center of Kaohsiung City alongside with Fongshan District. Its population is around 174,419 as of December 2014.
The district is named after a traditional community on the coast called "Lingyaliao" (苓雅寮; pinyin: Língyǎliáo; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Lêng-ngá-liâu) or 苓仔寮 (Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Lêng-á-liâu), after the similar-sounding 苓仔 (Pe̍h-ōe-jī: lêng-á), which refers to a place where fishermen would put their nets after use. After 1945, the community was combined with "Guotianzi" (過田子), "Lingdeguan" (林德官), and "Wukuaicuo" (五塊厝) to form "Lienya District" (連雅區). In 1952 the original name Lingya (苓雅) was restored.
The district is divided into 69 villages, which are subdivided into 1,248 neighborhoods. Traditionally, Lingya is divided into 4 areas, although they are rarely used today. They are:
- Guotianzai <west central> (過田仔)
- Lindeguan <east central> (林德官)
- Lingyaliao <west> (苓仔寮)
- Wukuaicuo <east> (五塊厝)
- Birthday Park
- Chen Jhong-he Memorial Hall
- Chung Cheng Martial Arts Stadium
- Chungcheng Stadium
- Guanghua Night Market
- Holy Rosary Cathedral
- Kaohsiung Cultural Center
- Kaohsiung Mosque
- Maritime Park
- Rainbow Park
- Sihwei Flower Park
- Singjhong Flower Market
- Singuang Ferry Wharf
- Tomb of Chen Jhong-he
- Tuntex Sky Tower
- Water Tower Park
- KMRT Cultural Center Station
- KMRT Martial Arts Stadium Station
- KMRT Sanduo Shopping District Station
- KMRT Weiwuying Station
- KMRT Wukuaicuo Station
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lingya District, Kaohsiung.|
- "Glossary of Names for Admin Divisions" (PDF). placesearch.moi.gov.tw. Ministry of Interior of the ROC. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Household Registration Office, January 2014
- English home page. Kaohsiung Jhong-Jheng Elementary School. Retrieved on January 15, 2015."No.100, Furen Rd., Lingya District, Kaohsiung City 802, Taiwan (R.O.C.)"
- "Home Archived 2015-04-10 at the Wayback Machine.." Kaohsiung Japanese School. Retrieved on January 15, 2015. "中華民國台灣高雄市苓雅區輔仁路100號 (高雄市苓雅區中正國民小學内)" See image of the school building Archived 2015-01-14 at the Wayback Machine..
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "Administrative Districts". 高雄市政府. 30 September 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2017.