Linkin Park and Friends: Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington
|Concert by Linkin Park and others|
|Date(s)||October 27, 2017|
Linkin Park and Friends: Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington was a tribute concert by American rock band Linkin Park. The concert was held to honor their frontman, Chester Bennington, who died by suicide on July 20, 2017. The concert took place on October 27, 2017, at the Hollywood Bowl. This was Linkin Park's first performance following Bennington's death. The concert featured various artists, including Blink-182, members of System of a Down, Korn, Avenged Sevenfold, Sum 41, Bring Me the Horizon, Civil Twilight, A Day to Remember, Yellowcard, and Kiiara.
Chester Bennington was found dead on July 20, 2017 right after the first leg of Linkin Park's One More Light World Tour to promote their seventh studio album, One More Light. Because of this, the band cancelled the rest of the tour.
On August 22, Linkin Park announced plans to host a tribute concert in Los Angeles to honor Bennington. Later, the band confirmed that the concert would take place on October 27 at the Hollywood Bowl, and would feature a number of bands and musicians. On September 23, the band announced that the concert had officially sold out.
- Mike Shinoda - lead and backing vocals, rapping, rhythm guitar, keyboards, piano, synthesizers, samplers, bass on "Shadow Of The Day" and "With Or Without You", lead guitar on "Waiting For The End"
- Brad Delson - lead guitar, backing vocals, lead acoustic guitar on "Sharp Edges", keyboards on "Waiting For The End" and "Burn It Down", not performed on "Castle Of Glass" and "Rebellion"
- Rob Bourdon - drums, percussion on "The Catalyst", not performed on "Castle Of Glass", "Sharp Edges", "One More Light", "Crawling", "Rebellion", "What I've Done" and "A Light That Never Comes"
- Joe Hahn - turntables, samplers, keyboards, synthesizers, backing vocals, not performed on "Sharp Edges".
- Dave Farrell - bass, backing vocals, rhythm guitar on "Shadow Of The Day", "With Or Without You" and "Leave Out All The Rest", rhythm acoustic guitar on "Sharp Edges", not performed on "Castle Of Glass", "Rebellion" and "What I've Done" 
- Medley: "Robot Boy" / "The Messenger" / "Iridescent"
- "Roads Untraveled" (live debut)
- "Numb" (instrumental/vocals by audience)
- "Shadow of the Day" / "With or Without You" (U2 cover) (performed with Ryan Key of Yellowcard)
- "Leave Out All the Rest" (performed with Gavin Rossdale of Bush)
- "Somewhere I Belong" (performed with Takahiro Moriuchi of One Ok Rock)
- "Castle of Glass" (performed with Tony Kanal, Tom Dumont, and Adrian Young of No Doubt and Alanis Morissette)
- "Rest" (new song, performed by Alanis Morissette without Linkin Park)
- "Nobody Can Save Me" (performed with Steven McKellar of Civil Twilight and Jonathan Green)
- "Battle Symphony" (performed with Jonathan Green)
- "Sharp Edges" (performed with Ilsey Juber)
- "Talking to Myself" (extended bridge with snippet of "All Along the Watchtower" by Bob Dylan; performed with Ilsey Juber)
- "Heavy" (performed with Julia Michaels and Kiiara)
- "One More Light" (performed by Mike Shinoda)
- "Looking for an Answer" (new song, live debut)
- "Waiting for the End" (extended intro with snippet of "Until It Breaks" by Linkin Park; extended outro; performed with Steven McKellar of Civil Twilight and Sydney Sierota of Echosmith)
- "Crawling" (performed with Oliver Sykes of Bring Me the Horizon and Zedd)
- "Papercut" (performed with Machine Gun Kelly)
- "One Step Closer" (performed with Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh of Dead By Sunrise/Julien-K and Jonathan Davis of Korn)
- "A Place for My Head" (performed with Jeremy McKinnon of A Day to Remember)
- "Rebellion" (performed with Daron Malakian and Shavo Odadjian of System of a Down and Frank Zummo of Sum 41)
- "The Catalyst" (third chorus and bridge omitted; performed with Deryck Whibley and Frank Zummo of Sum 41)
- "I Miss You" (performed by Blink-182 without Linkin Park)
- "What I've Done" (performed with Mark Hoppus, Travis Barker, and Matt Skiba of Blink-182)
- "In the End" (performed with the live audience)
- "Iridescent" (reprise; bridge and outro only, performed with Jonathan Green)
- "New Divide" (2014 shortened version; performed with pre-recorded video and vocals of Chester Bennington from the 2014 performance at the Hollywood Bowl)
- "A Light That Never Comes" (performed with Steve Aoki, Frank Zummo of Sum 41, and Bebe Rexha)
- "Burn It Down" (performed with M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold)
- "Faint" (extended outro; performed with M. Shadows and Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold)
- Medley: "Bleed It Out" / "The Messenger" (first half of "Bleed It Out" seguing into the outro of "The Messenger"; performed with all special guests; includes studio voice-over of Chester Bennington on his part of "Bleed It Out".)
- Eisinger, Dale (19 September 2017). "Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Tribute to Include Blink-182, Members of Korn, System of a Down". Variety. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- Kreps, Daniel. "Linkin Park Cancel Tour After Chester Bennington's Death". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- Blistein, Jon (2017-08-23). "Linkin Park Plan Public Event to Honor Chester Bennington". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2017-08-23. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- Heinz, Natasha (October 20, 2017). "Linkin Park announce Chester Bennington tribute show will stream for free". Alternative Press. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
- Munro, Scott (October 24, 2017). "Linkin Park to live stream Chester Bennington tribute concert". TeamRock.com. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
- "Linkin Park Planning 'Special Public Event' in Los Angeles to Tribute Chester Bennington". Billboard.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Members of Korn, Avenged Sevenfold, System of a Down to Perform at Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Tribute Concert". Spin.com. 21 September 2017. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Korn, System Of A Down, Bring Me The Horizon members to play Linkin Park's Chester Bennington tribute concert - NME". Nme.com. 21 September 2017. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Zedd to Join Linkin Park on Drums at Concert Honoring Chester Bennington". Billboard.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Tribute Will Live Stream on YouTube". Billboard.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Twitter post by Linkin Park". Official Twitter. October 25, 2017. Retrieved October 26, 2017.
- Childers, Chad (October 28, 2017). "Linkin Park + Friends Lift Spirits, Let It Go at Emotionally Cathartic Chester Bennington Tribute Show". Loudwire. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- "Linkin Park Setlist at Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood". setlist.fm. Retrieved 2017-10-28.