Linping(临平）located at Yuhang, Hangzhou city, Zhejiang Province. Linping is an ancient town with a history of 1,000 years and it is the location of the main Yuhang local government. Linping contains three main Street Offices: Nanyuan Street Office, Donghu Street Office and Linping Office. Linping has a total area of 7.5sq.km. and had a total population of 36,308. Linping has a very facilitative transportation system and has a significant local position, since it is the eastern gate of Hangzhou and the main military position. There are 23 towns or cities connecting with Linping using buses every day. The river in Linping named Shangtang river is through the western of Hangzhou, eastern of Haining and convergent into Qiantang River, Hefeng harbor and DaYunhe.
In 1985, Linping had 125 factories about silk, knit, clothing, food, bread making, machine, mechanical engineering, medicine, architecture and electron. The promoting rate of Linping was boosting with high speed and at the end of 1985, Linping had 36 industries, 2,105 workers, 1017 million RMB annual value of production, 360 stores and 298 individual household.
Now, Linping is the No.15 sub-district in China and has No.3 financial income in Zhejiang Province. In 2009, GDP in Linping was reaching 532.46 hundred million and had 100.07 hundred million total financial income. After these years development, Linping attracted a number of the country’s 500 strong industry to build industry.
As the urban renewal area, the structure of the tertiary industry becomes more and more completely, the consumption market is become more prosperous, the professional market boosts with a hasty rhythm and the traveling economy is strong in new. The Yuhang economic and technological development zone located at the northern direction of Linping and became the National economic and technological development zone in Sept. 29, 2012.
Linping has the cultural and athletic facilities of Cultural Central, Library, Cinema, Opera Central, Xinhua Bookstore, TV Station, Radio Station, Youth Centre, Elderly cadres activity room, Swimming Center and athletic Field.
Linping has two state-run middle schools—No.3 Middle School, No.1 Middle School; Two privately run middle schools—Shulan Middle School, Xingda Middle School; Five state-run primary schools—Shiyan Primary School, Xinda Primary School, Shulan Primary School, No.1 Primay School, No.2 Primary School.
Linping has organized medical and healthy services, including Yuhang No.1 Hospital, Yuhang No.5 Hospital, Yuhang Manternal and child health care Hospital, Yuhang Local health defensive Station and Center for disease control.
Linping New Town
Linping New Town is in the southern part of Linping, including Linping Road Station, Central commercial areas and Big Dongan Community. In order to build up Linping as a modern new town, the founders used “ compact city, easeful city, literate city, intelligent city and leisure city” as the elementary idea.
Linping Road Station shortens the time from Linping to other big cities, thus conducing many people getting entertainments, taking leisure time, and setting home in Linping. In addition, the central commercial areas will become the financial trade market, businesses office, meeting exhibition and super shopping place. The third one is the Big Donggan Community that regards the People's Square as the center and this center will be decorated by centuries-old culture and fascinating views. This Central Square lets people live in Linping with convenience and joy.
The core idea leads Linping towards prosperity is enhancing the connection between other cities. Therefore, promoting High-speed rail, subway and highway offer people who live in Linping a facilitating means to let people visit some nearby cities, and also attract people who live in other cities settle down in Linping.
Yuhang economic development zone is in the center of the Linping New Twn, Qianjiang economic development zone is in the southeast of the Linping New Town and there will have two more industrial estates locate in Linping. A number of buildings nearby the high-speed railway and subways are being set up in Linping. People only need to take eight minutes to Hangzhou and only thirty minutes to Shanghai if they live in Linping.
- Linping Mountain is in the north part of Linping and became famous since Tang Dynasty. Linping Mountain has some recreational facilities, some fitness equipments, a zoo and some parks. A tower is on the top of the Linping Mountain and this tower is one of the sign of Linping.
- Chao Mountain, between Linping and Tangxi, is famous for wintersweet. Chao Mountain plum is ancient, peculiar and wild. Standing in Yunhai Tower which is on the top of the Chao Mountain, visitors can see the whole mountain is decorated by various kinds of wintersweet with different colors. Chao Mountain has a temple named Gushabaoci Temple which is used to honor a famous artist -- Wu Changshuo. Chao Mountain has an amount of rare stones and Yandong is the most well-known one.
- New field Cultural Creativity Park is changing from an old silk factoryay and become a sign of the Hangzhou Cultural Creativity Park. It combines two themes which are entertainments and industrial agglomeration. The first road in the park named Linping water street which mainly illustrates the cultural characters of Yangtze river) and the local tradition of Linping. The second road in the park is the central commercial street. There are many restaurants, small grocery stores, galleries, clothing stores and coffee shops on the two sides of the streets
- Shangtang River, a branch and the old mainstream of the Grand Canal in Hangzhou. It starts from Linping and goes across Tianducheng Resort, and today is an important section of the Grand Canal, a new world cultural heritage site in 2014. It connects Tianducheng Resort, which is famous as a large residential community characterized of the replica of Paris symbolic buildings, and the Dingqiao Town, a part of Jianggan district.
- "yuhang". Alibaba.com. 9 January 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "hangzhou". visithangzhou.com. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "zhejiang". Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "linping transportation system". HangZhou.com.cn. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "hangtang river". HangZhou.com.cn. 2009-08-27. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "qiantang river". qiantang.com. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "silk". cxsilk.com. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "knit". Knitting Machines. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "zhejiang province". Department of Commerce of ZheJiang Province. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "500 strong industry". 中国企业联合会、中国企业家协会. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "technological development zone". 杭州钱江经济开发区管委会. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "xinhua bookstore". Yelp Inc. Yelp. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "swimming center". Indoor Swimming Pool Guide. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "树兰中学". 杭州第二中学树兰实验学校. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "杭州余杭信达外国语学校". 杭州市余杭区信达外国语学校. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "余杭区实验小学". 浙江省杭州市余杭区实验小学. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "余杭区第一人民医院". YHFH.com. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "walmart". News Home. 22 July 2012. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "linping Road Station". exploreshanghai.com. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "linping Road Station". exploreshanghai.com. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "people's square". Most complex maps for all cities in the world. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "high-speed rail". 京ICP证041619. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "highway". CCCME. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "杭州钱江经济开发区". 杭州钱江经济开发区管委会. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "hangzhou". tripadvisor.com. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "shanghai". Shanghai Daily Publishing House. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Linping Mountain". forecast.com. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "tang dynasty". tangdynastytimes. 20 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "tangxi". stad.com. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "wintersweet". Dave's Garden. 6 June 2013. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "wintersweet". Dave's Garden. 6 June 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "wu changshuo". Encyclopædia Britannica. 6 June 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "silk factory". Alibaba.com. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "industrial agglomeration". VoxEU.org. 26 November 2008. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "tangtze". thewaterpage.com/yangtze.htm. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- The introduction to Linping, Yuhang District- MildChina.com