|• Mayor||Marc Wynants (CD&V)|
|• Governing party/ies||CD&V, sp.a|
|• Total||36.37 km2 (14.04 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2017)|
|• Density||200/km2 (520/sq mi)|
|Area codes||011, 016|
Linter (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈlɪntər]) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Flemish Brabant. The municipality comprises the towns of Drieslinter, Melkwezer, Neerhespen (where the canine school of the Belgian police is situated), Neerlinter, Orsmaal-Gussenhoven, Overhespen and Wommersom. On January 1, 2006, Linter had a total population of 7,037. The total area is 36.38 km² which gives a population density of 193 inhabitants per km².
The main economic activities of Linter are agricultural and commercial activities.
- Standard Dutch
- Brabantian dialect (spoken in the form of Melkwezer dialect and Orsmaal-Gussenhoven dialect).
- Population per municipality as of 1 January 2017 (XLS; 397 KB)
- Peters, Jörg (2010), "The Flemish–Brabant dialect of Orsmaal–Gussenhoven", Journal of the International Phonetic Association, 40 (2): 239, doi:10.1017/S0025100310000083
- Media related to Linter at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website - Available only in Dutch
- Gazetteer Entry
|This Flemish Brabant location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|