Linton Township, Coshocton County, Ohio
|Linton Township, Coshocton County, Ohio|
Location of Linton Township in Coshocton County
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Land||36.1 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1.0 km2)|
|Elevation||787 ft (240 m)|
|• Density||18/sq mi (6.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085920|
Linton Township is one of the twenty-two townships of Coshocton County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 646 people living in the township, 489 of whom were in the unincorporated portions.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Oxford Township - northeast
- Wheeling Township, Guernsey County - east
- Knox Township, Guernsey County - southeast
- Monroe Township, Muskingum County - south
- Adams Township, Muskingum County - southwest corner
- Franklin Township - west
- Lafayette Township - northwest
Name and history
It is the only Linton Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Linton township, Coshocton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- Graham, Albert Adams (1881). History of Coshocton County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, 1740-1881. A. A. Graham. p. 540.
- Hunt, William Ellis (1876). Historical Collections of Coshocton County, Ohio. R. Clarke & Company. p. 3.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.