List of free-software events
(Redirected from Linux conference)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)
General free-software events
Some events with "Linux" in their name are in fact general-purpose free-software events, often because they began as Linux-only events before broadening their focus.
North, Central and South America
- Fórum Internacional Software Livre (FISL) - International Free Software Forum, held each year in Porto Alegre, Brazil (7000+ participants)
- Free Software and Open Source Symposium (FSOSS), held at Seneca College, Toronto each October since 2001
- Linuxfest Northwest, held in Bellingham, Washington in the spring since 2000
- O'Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON), held each summer in the US since 1999
- Ohio LinuxFest, held annually in Ohio since 2003
- SouthEast LinuxFest, held annually in June since 2009.
- Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE), held in Los Angeles each year since 2002.
- FLISOL - Latin American free software install fest held each year in all Latin America the same day, on the last Sunday of April
- LibrePlanet - Organized annually by the Free Software Foundation in or around Boston, Massachusetts since 2006
- Spinnaker Summit - Organized annually by the Spinnaker Open Source Community in or around San Diego, CA since 2017
- Seattle GNU/Linux conference (SeaGL), held each fall in Seattle since 2013
- Berlin Buzzwords, held annually in June in Berlin, Germany, since 2010
- DevConf.cz, held annually in Brno, Czech Republic since 2009
- FOSS Backstage, held annually in February in Berlin, Germany, since 2018
- Fosscomm, held annually in a different Greek city since 2008
- FOSDEM, held in Brussels, Belgium every February since 2001
- FrOSCon, held in Sankt Augustin (near Bonn), Germany since 2006
- Chemnitz Linux Days, held in Chemnitz, Germany since 1999
- FSCONS, held every autumn in Gothenburg, Sweden since 2007
- Libre Software Meeting, French name "Rencontres mondiales du logiciel libre", held every July in France or surrounding countries since 2000.
- Linux Bier Wanderung, informal event held in a different European country every summer since 1999
- Linux Vacation / Eastern Europe, held in Belarus every summer since 2005
- OggCamp, a BarCamp-style conference held annually in the United Kingdom since 2009
- Open Source Day, conference held annually in Warsaw, Poland since 2008
- openSUSE Conference is held annually at a location in Europe since 2010.
Asia and Australia
- COSCUP, held annually in Taiwan since 2006
- linux.conf.au, held in Australia or New Zealand in the (Southern Hemisphere) summer since 1999
- FOSSASIA Summit, held annually since 2009, normally in the Singapore hub.
- openSUSE Asia Summit is held annually at a location in Asia since 2014.
- August Penguin, held annually in Israel since 2004
- ÖzgürKon, online conference that is firstly held in 2020.
- Open Source Summit, known before 2017 as "LinuxCon", held several times each year in various continents since 2009
- Software Freedom Day, international observance since 2004
- FOSS4G, Free and Open Source Software for GeoSpatial, since 2006. Held once a year in various continents. Organized by OSGeo.
- Africa Source, held in 2004 and 2006
- Asia Source, held in 2005, 2007 and 2009
- FOSSAP, held in 2004 and 2005
- FOSS.IN, first known as "Linux Bangalore", held from 2001 to 2012
- GOSCON, held annually in the United States from 2005 to 2011
- Ontario Linux Fest, held in Toronto, Ontario in the autumn from 2007 to 2009
- Open Source Developers' Conference (OSDC), held annually in various countries from 2004 to 2015
- Solutions Linux, a trade show and conference with 10,000 visitors held every year in Paris from 1999 to 2014
- LinuxWorld Conference and Expo, briefly also known as "OpenSource World", from 1998 to 2009
- Wizards of OS, held in Berlin every two years from 1999 to 2006
- LinuxTag, held in Germany every summer since 1996
Events for specific free software
- DebConf - conference for the Debian operating system, held annually since 2000
- Linux Kernel Developers Summit, annual conference since 2001
- ROSCon, annual conference about ROS since 2012
- PyCon – conference for the Python programming language, held several times a year in different locations since 2003
- RubyConf – conference for the Ruby programming language, held once a year in different locations since 2002
- Yet Another Perl Conference – conference for the Perl programming language, held several times a year since 1999
- ZendCon & OpenEnterprise – PHP and open source conference
- Akademy - conference for the KDE desktop environment, held annually in Europe since 1997
- ApacheCon - conference for the Apache HTTP Server, held once or twice each year since 2000
- DjangoCon - conference for the Django web framework, held twice a year (once in Europe and once in the U.S.) since 2008
- DrupalCon - conference for the Drupal content management framework, held twice a year (once in Europe and once in North America) since 2007
- GNOME Users And Developers European Conference – conference for the GNOME desktop environment, held annually in Europe since 2000
- Joomla World Conference - event for the Joomla content management system, held frequently around the world since 2011
- Libre Graphics Meeting, held each year in May in Europe or Canada since 2006
- WordCamp - event for the WordPress content management system, held frequently around the world since 2007
- X.Org Developers' Conference (XDC) and X Developers' Summit (XDS), annual events since 2005 organized by X.Org Foundation
- BeGeistert - conference for the Haiku operating system, held annually in Europe from 2006 to 2016(originally a BeOS conference, from 1998 to 2005)
- Desktop Developers' Conference, held from 2004 to 2006
- Desktop Linux Summit, held in San Diego, California from 2003 to 2006
- GCC Summit, held in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada from 2003 to 2010
- Gelato ICE, held each year in the US or Italy by the Gelato Federation from 2001 to 2007
- Linux Kongress, held in Germany in the autumn from 1994 to 2010
- Linux Symposium, held in Canada in the summer from 1999 to 2014
- Ubuntu Developer Summit, held twice a year (timed with respect to Ubuntu releases), alternating between Europe and North America, from 2004 to 2015
- LinuxFest to highlight open-source software GoUpstate.com, June 12, 2009
- "Feeling generous? Open source software community gives shelter to code". JAXenter. 2018-11-23. Retrieved 2019-10-07.
- "Konferenz zu hochskalierbarer Software". heise online (in German). Retrieved 2021-02-01.
- "Die erste FOSS Backstage | newthinking". newthinking.de. Retrieved 2021-02-01.
- Impressions du Salon Solutions Linux 2010
- Ackerman, Evan (8 November 2011). "ROS Turns Four, Schedules Conference/Party for 2012". IEEE Spectrum: Technology, Engineering, and Science News. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- ZendCon & OpenEnterprise PHP Conference
- Cloud computing underwhelms PHP developers