1979 (age 38–39)|
|Labels||Edel AG/Universal Music Group|
At nineteen, she was spotted by the music producers Oliver Adams and Praga Khan during a violin session. This resulted in her fronting Tattoo of Pain, an American heavy metal group. Linzi Stoppard then formed a duo called Babe Instinct, for which she provided the vocals. Later, she went back to electric violin and gave several performances.
In June 2004, she married Will Stoppard, son of Tom Stoppard and Dr. Miriam Stoppard. In 2006, the director Stephen L'Heureux offered her a cameo role in his next film, after he saw her performing at the Cannes Film Festival.
At the end of 2007 Linzi joined Ben Lee to form a heavy-metal duo known as 'FUSE'. FUSE has performed at several events, including C Music TV's European launch event at the 2008 Cannes Television festival and the 2009 British Red Cross International Fundraising Committee Gala Ball.
Later in 2009, Stoppard posed for a publicity stunt at the launch of the world's most expensive electric violin, in part to promote the duo's album. The album released, in 2010, features a version of Coldplay's Fix You.
FUSE are also keen educators and were interviewed in the "European String Teachers Association" magazine in the summer of 2010.
- Michael Pilgrim (5 May 2010). "Fuse: Linzi Stoppard interview". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 28 November 2010.
- Hugh Davies (27 May 2006). "The angel who plays a wild violin tames an old devil at Cannes". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 28 November 2010.
- Michale Pilgrim (6 May 2010). "From fashion model to heavy-metal violinist". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 28 November 2010.
- "Linzi Stoppard portfolio". Models 1. Retrieved 28 November 2010.
- "As the playwright said to the rock violinist..." The Sunday Times. 16 May 2010. Retrieved 28 November 2010.
- "Hitting the Right Note! C Music TV Launches across Europe" (PDF) (Press release). C Music TV. 7 April 2008. Retrieved 28 November 2010.
- "FUSE and Britain's Got Talent star to perform at British Red Cross Gala Ball" (Press release). British Red Cross. 9 June 2009. Retrieved 28 November 2010.
- Richard Kaye (2 July 2009). "FUSE sign £1m record deal". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- "Linzi-Stoppard-gives-classical-music-1million-rock-n-roll-makeover-models-worlds-expensive-violins". Daily Mail. 5 August 2010. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- Tom Stoppard and Linzi Stoppard (16 May 2010). "As the playwright said to the rock violinist..." The Times. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- Jonathan Bungard (June 2010). "JESTA Magazine: FUSE interview". ESTA. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- "The best of British fashion and the British Armed Forces to unite for a charity event like no other". The Daily Telegraph. 8 November 2010. Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- Tamara Abraham (7 September 2010). "Flying the flag: Linzi Stoppard poses in showstopping Union Jack gown to launch fashion fundraiser in aid of military charities". Daily Mail. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- "Rock violin band FUSE hoping to strike gold – with 24 carat instruments". Daily Mirror. 11 September 2013. Retrieved 11 April 2014.