This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: LIOX|
|Founded||Waltham, Massachusetts, USA (1996)|
|Headquarters||Waltham, Massachusetts, USA|
|Rory Cowan, CEO|
|Revenue||USD 560 million (2015)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Professional Translation and Localization Services|
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (Lionbridge) is the world's largest provider of globalization solutions. Formed in 1996, the company offers a range of services. Based in Waltham, Massachusetts, Lionbridge employs 6,000 people in 160 countries.
The company was founded in 1996. In 2005, they acquired Bowne Global Solutions, then the largest localization provider worldwide. They acquired Darwin Zone, a digital marketing services agency based in Costa Rica, and Clay Tablet Technologies, a content connectivity software firm, in 2014. In 2015, they acquired Zurich-based CLS Communication, a translation solutions provider, and Geotext, a legal translation company.
The company has a background in technology services and offers tools to connect content management systems and translation processes, customer contact communication platforms, and enterprise-level web content management systems.
A securities class action lawsuit involving the company was filed in July 2001 under "Samet v. Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. et al." in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
In 2006, a Lionbridge employee was awarded noneconomic damages of USD 366,250 and economic damages of USD 221,433 due to failure by the company to fulfil its obligation to help the employee obtain a green card.
A 2008 court case involved an unfair dismissal claim by a former Lionbridge employee fired for union recruitment activities at the company's Warsaw office to protect employment conditions. Protests in support were held in Denmark, Spain, Poland, and Ireland.
Awards and recognition
Every year since 2006, Lionbridge has been named a Top 20 Training Outsourcing Company.
- 2008 - Chosen by Microsoft as "Vendor of the Year" for providing Microsoft with "development, test and globalization services worldwide"
- 2012 - Named in the "Global 100", a list of the world's best outsourcing firms, by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals
- 2012 - Lionbridge's GeoFluent received 2011 Product of the Year Award from Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine
- 2013 - Finalist in the third annual Marketo Revenue Performance Excellence Awards
- 2015 - Named One of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies by Forbes
- 2015 - Listed as the world's number one language services provider by Common Sense Advisory
- 2016 - Received CUSTOMER Magazine Product of the Year Award
- "Lionbridge Tops List Of World's 100 Largest Language Service Providers For Fourth Consecutive Year". PRNewswire.
- "Lionbridge Expands GeoFluent Real-Time Translation for Omnichannel Customer Care". Smart Customer Service.
- "Company Overview". gala-global.org.
- "Our Company - Lionbridge Technologies". lionbridge.com. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "TAUS Members". Taus.net.
- Bert Esselink (2003). The Evolution of Localization (PDF). Guide to Localization. Multilingual Computing and Technology.
- "Lionbridge Completes Acquisition of Bowne Global Solutions". PRNewswire.
- "Lionbridge Acquires Costa Rica's Darwin Zone". nearshoreamericas.com.
- "Lionbridge Protects Its Connectivity Strategy with Purchase of Middleware Provider". Common Sense Advisory.
- "Lionbridge Technologies (LIOX) Completes CLS Communication Acquisition". streetinsider.com.
- "Lionbridge to Buy CLS Communication as Market Consolidation Continues". Common Sense Advisory.
- "CLS Communication". aihitdata.com.
- "Lionbridge acquires Geotext Translations for $11M". owler.com.
- "Lionbridge Technologies". sitecore.net.
- "Lionbridge". inriver.com.
- "Simplicity is Possible in a Multi-Lingual, Omni Channel Support World". Microsoft Translator Team Blog.
- "Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.". Stanford Law School Securities Class Action Clearinghouse. Stanford Law School. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- John Rotterman, Esq. (2007). "DerKevorkian v. Lionbridge Techs, Inc.". Immigration Daily. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Interpretation service picketed by trade unions, activists". Metro Eireann. 10 July 2008. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- "ITIA Bulletin February 2008". Irish Translators and Interpreters Association Bulletin. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- "Outsourcing". trainingindustry.com.
- "Microsoft Recognizes Winners of Annual MSVP Awards". Microsoft News Center.
- "The 2012 Global Outsourcing 100". iaop.org.
- "Lionbridge GeoFluent Receives 2011 Product of the Year Award from Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine". bizjournals.com.
- "Marketo Announces 2013 "Revvie" Award Finalists". marketo.com.
- "The 100 Most Trustworthy Companies In America". Forbes.
- "The Language Services Market: 2015". Common Sense Advisory.
- "TMC Presents the CUSTOMER Product of the Year Award Winners". Technology Marketing Corporation.