This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Privately held company|
|Founded||Waltham, Massachusetts, US (1996)|
|Headquarters||Waltham, Massachusetts, US|
|John Fennelly, CEO|
Number of employees
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. is a company specializing in language translation, localization, software testing and e-learning. In CSA Research's 12th annual global industry report in 2016, Lionbridge was ranked number 1 company among "Top 100 Language Service Providers"
The company was founded in 1996. In 2005, they acquired Bowne Global Solutions, then the largest localization provider[clarification needed] worldwide. They acquired Darwin Zone, a digital marketing services agency based in Costa Rica, and Clay Tablet Technologies, a content connectivity[clarification needed] software firm, in 2014.
In 2015, they acquired Zurich-based CLS Communication, a translation services provider, and Geotext, a legal translation company. In December 2016, it was announced that Lionbridge entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by H.I.G. Capital. The deal was announced closed in May, 2017.
This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (August 2016)
A securities class action lawsuit involving the company was filed in July 2001 under "Samet v. Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. et al." in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
In 2006, a Lionbridge employee was awarded noneconomic damages of USD 366,250 and economic damages of USD 221,433 due to failure by the company to fulfil its obligation to help the employee obtain a green card.
A 2008 court case involved an unfair dismissal claim by a former Lionbridge employee fired for union recruitment activities at the company's Warsaw office to protect employment conditions. Protests in support were held in Denmark, Spain, Poland, and Ireland.
Awards and recognition
Every year since 2006, Lionbridge has been named a Top 20 Training Outsourcing Company.
- 2008 - Chosen by Microsoft as "Vendor of the Year" for providing Microsoft with "development, test and globalization services worldwide"
- 2012 - Named in the "Global 100", a list of the world's best outsourcing firms, by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals
- 2012 - Lionbridge's GeoFluent received 2011 Product of the Year Award from Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine
- 2013 - Finalist in the third annual Marketo Revenue Performance Excellence Awards
- 2015 - Named One of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies by Forbes
- 2015 - Listed as the world's number one language services provider by Common Sense Advisory
- 2016 - Received CUSTOMER Magazine Product of the Year Award
- "Lionbridge Announces Appointment of John Fennelly as CEO; Founder Rory Cowan to Assume Role of Chairman of the Board". Cision PR Newswire.
- "2016 largest LSPs". www.commonsenseadvisory.com. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "TAUS Members". Taus.net.
- Bert Esselink (2003). The Evolution of Localization (PDF). Guide to Localization. Multilingual Computing and Technology. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-09-07.
- "Lionbridge Completes Acquisition of Bowne Global Solutions". PRNewswire.
- "Lionbridge Acquires Costa Rica's Darwin Zone". nearshoreamericas.com.
- "Lionbridge Protects Its Connectivity Strategy with Purchase of Middleware Provider". Common Sense Advisory.
- "Lionbridge Technologies (LIOX) Completes CLS Communication Acquisition". streetinsider.com.
- "Lionbridge to Buy CLS Communication as Market Consolidation Continues". Common Sense Advisory.
- "CLS Communication". aihitdata.com.
- "Lionbridge acquires Geotext Translations for $11M". owler.com.
- "Lionbridge Enters into a Definitive Agreement to be Acquired by H.I.G. Capital". prnewswire.com.
- "H.I.G. Capital closes Lionbridge Tech buy - PE Hub". PE Hub. 2017-05-04. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- "Lionbridge Will Be a 'Very Different Company', Says CEO John Fennelly". Slator. 2018-01-23. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Rory Cowan: Getting the Pace Right". TAUS blog. 2017-08-16. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Lionbridge Technologies, Inc". Stanford Law School Securities Class Action Clearinghouse. Stanford Law School. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- John Rotterman, Esq. (2007). "DerKevorkian v. Lionbridge Techs, Inc". Immigration Daily. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Interpretation service picketed by trade unions, activists". Metro Eireann. 10 July 2008. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- "ITIA Bulletin February 2008". Irish Translators and Interpreters Association Bulletin. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- "Outsourcing". trainingindustry.com.
- "Microsoft Recognizes Winners of Annual MSVP Awards". Microsoft News Center.
- "The 2012 Global Outsourcing 100". iaop.org.
- "Lionbridge GeoFluent Receives 2011 Product of the Year Award from Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine". bizjournals.com.
- "Marketo Announces 2013 "Revvie" Award Finalists". marketo.com.
- "The 100 Most Trustworthy Companies In America". Forbes.
- "The Language Services Market: 2015". Common Sense Advisory.
- "TMC Presents the CUSTOMER Product of the Year Award Winners". Technology Marketing Corporation.