Lionsgate UK (formerly Redbus Film Distribution, and briefly known as Helkon SK between 2001 and 2003) is a British subsidiary of American film company Lionsgate. Founded in 1997 by Simon Franks and Zygi Kamasa, the company have distributed and produced many films for the UK such as Bend It Like Beckham, What's Cooking?, Cabin Fever, Jeepers Creepers and It's All Gone Pete Tong. The first theatrical film released by Redbus was Open Your Eyes. Redbus's film releases were formerly distributed on home video by Warner Home Video. The company was acquired by Lionsgate in 2005.
This section is missing information about the company's early history.(October 2017)
On May 6, 2001, Redbus was acquired by German media company Helkon Media AG for $23 million and changed its name to Helkon SK to reflect their partnership with Helkon Media and then split from Helkon Media and renamed it back to Redbus on May 6, 2003. On October 17, 2005, Lionsgate acquired Redbus Film Distribution for $35 million and became Lionsgate UK on February 23, 2006.
- "Wallstreet Online" Redbus changes name to Helkon SK wallstreet-online.de, "Retrieved on June 15, 2012
- "Screen Daily" Helkon SK renamed Redbus Film Distribution screendaily.com, Retrieved on June 15, 2012
- Strategic Acquisition Enables Lions Gate to Self-Distribute in the UK and Adds to Company's Library and Pipeline
- Redbus - Sale of Redbus Film Distribution to Lions Gate Entertainment
- "Screen Daily" Redbus rebranded as Lionsgate UK screendaily.com, Retrieved on June 15, 2012
- "Variety" Redbus now Lionsgate variety.com, Retrieved on June 15, 2012
|This article about a British film distributor or production company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|