Lionsgate Entertainment World
|Location||Hengqin, Zhuhai, Guangdong, China|
|Opened||31 July 2019|
Lionsgate Entertainment World, officially abbreviated to LEW, is a theme park found on Hengqin Island, China. The park opened on July 31, 2019 as the first Lionsgate Theme Park. Designed by the Thinkwell Group, the park is the first of its kind dubbed "the world's first vertical theme park."
In November 2016, it was announced that Lionsgate was looking to expand its brand into the theme park world, hiring the Thinkwell Group to lead the design project of a new theme park based in China. Originally slated to open in 2018, the indoor theme park was set to spread across 237,000 square-feet. The five-and-a-half-acre indoor theme park was announced to be opening with over 30 attractions, based on popular franchises like The Hunger Games, The Twilight Saga and Now You See Me. In an announcement in May 2019, Lionsgate mentioned they expected the park to have around 1.5 million theme park guests in 2019 alone.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Flight - Rebel Escape
- The Twilight Saga: Midnight Ride
- The Twilight Saga: Bella's Journey
- God's of Egypt: Battle for Eternity
- Escape Plan
- Chasm Challenge Course
- Lindvall, Nora (August 1, 2019). "Lionsgate Opens 'Hunger Games' And 'Twilight' Theme Park In China". Panda Daily.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". Lionsgate.
- Mitchell, Bea (August 1, 2019). "Lionsgate Entertainment World opens, unveiling high-tech rides and attractions". Blooloop.
- Rizzo, Cailey (May 23, 2019). "The World's First Vertical Theme Park Will Bring 'The Hunger Games' and 'Twilight' to Life". Travel + Leisure. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- Niles, Robert (November 23, 2016). "Lionsgate extends push into themed entertainment with two development deals". Theme Park Insider.
- Niles, Robert (December 14, 2018). "Who's ready for a 'Twilight' theme park land?". Theme Park Insider.
- "Theme park to bring 'Hunger Games,' 'Twilight' to life this summer". New York Post. May 23, 2019.