|Known for||The Successor winner|
Suchard was born in Haifa, Israel, as the youngest of three brothers. In an interview, he said that, as a child, he was a quiet math student who was harassed by the more popular children. At a young age, he first performed in front of schoolchildren, and at 14 he began to do shows at events and birthdays parties. He is a graduate of the Reali School in Haifa.
Early stage career and The Successor
After completing three years of military service as a Patriot fighter in the Israeli Air Force, Suchard began to increase his appearances in Israel. His first national television exposure was on various morning shows.
In 2005 he was invited to appear on The Successor (also known as The Next Uri Geller), Uri Geller's Israeli TV show, which was aired in late 2006. Suchard beat eight other candidates and won the competition to be Geller's successor. This was an international breakthrough for Suchard because the program was sold to and broadcast in several countries, including Germany, Poland and Italy.
National and international success
After winning The Successor, his career as a mentalist took off in both Israel and abroad.
- In Friday's Studio, the Friday evening edition of News 2, Suchard was described as "conquering the stages of the world, a huge star, filling halls, a regular guest on entertainment programs on the world's largest television networks, and whose book was hijacked from the shelves."
- In 2011, the documentary Skeptical dealt with the development of his international career as a sensory artist. The film was screened on Channel 2 in 2012.
- After his name became known in Israel and around the world, he hosted and directed the game show Money Pump, which was broadcast in May 2012 on Channel 2.
- In 2013, during the elections to the Nineteenth Knesset, Suchard was invited to predict the results of the elections about ten days before counting the votes. He wrote the results on a note enclosed in an envelope that was placed in a vault under strict guard at the Dizengoff Center in Tel Aviv throughout the days leading up to the election. After the counting of votes, it was revealed that Suchard had accurately predicted the results.
- Nowadays, he is responsible for El Al Airlines safety videos, which replaced the old animations.
In the United States, he has appeared on the following programs:
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, on which he appeared five times (2010, 2011, 2012, and twice in 2013)
- The View March 2013
- Larry King Now March 2013
- The Doctors 2015
- Good Morning America 2016
- The Late Late Show with James Corden, in which he stole the show on January 2016 when he stunned actor Harry Connick Jr., who escaped from the stage twice during his performance because he was so spooked. One of his tricks was to have everyone present draw the same picture, a star. He claimed he had influenced them to draw it by showing them sample drawings that looked like an S, T, A, and R. He also appeared on September 25, 2017 with America Ferrera and Jeremy Piven, and in which "From glow sticks to predicting time, Lior stole the show, blowing everyone's minds more than once." He appeared on March 5, 2019 with Jonas Brothers.
- LIVE Kelly and Ryan on July 18, 2018
- Dr. Phil on March 16, 2019
In 2010 he placed 28th on People Magazine's Sexiest Men Alive list.
In 2012 to celebrate the 70th birthday of Barbra Streisand, the mentalist was invited to be the main show during which he stunned the famous guests.
In 2016, he performed the halftime show during Streisand's nine-city tour. The first performance was attended by about 7,000 members and associates of the singer, including entertainment stars, and other performances attracted a crowd of 20,000 people. Streisand's reaction to Suchard's ability was quoted in the Times of Israel:
There really are things which defy explanation. When I first experienced Lior's mental gifts, I knew I was in the presence of someone extraordinary. Each time our paths cross, I'm more and more fascinated by how he does what he does.
In February 2016 he embarked on a tour of 18 performances in Australia. The tour was very successful, and it was reported that in order to meet the demand for tickets the tour was extended. He appeared in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth, as well as over seven times at the Sydney Opera House.
Suchard has raised interest in various online media channels, such as BuzzFeed, with nearly four million hits on YouTube as of February 2017 at Gold 104.3.
In January 2016, 10 hours before the opening of the 20/20 cricket match between Australia and India, Suchard appeared on Australian television and predicted that Australia would lose to India with a score of 200 to 197. After success in predicting, the demand for tickets to the show exceeded supply. A large rise in the demand for his performances was also a result of a short video he made on the social networks of tennis player Novak Djokovic after he was in the show and defined him as "amazing" and recommended to viewers. Suchard's "guessing" events aroused interest and sympathy from local media and social media. His performance was described as "surprising" and recommended. The Sydney Morning Herald reported that Suchard captures the audience in his performance with a combination with hypnosis, memory exercises, and mathematical techniques passed on to the viewer with humor and grace.
Lior's live show called "Supernatural Entertainment" won the Best Innovative Act Award at the 2015 Live Quotient Awards in India. In addition, the Indian media extensively covered the precise guessing of the results of the cricket match between the Australian and Indian teams, mentioned above.
Suchard has been a notable success throughout Russia. Within a few weeks of his first TV appearances in April 2014, the name of "Suchard" became well known . He was also a sought-after guest among Russia's top billionaires. Israel News 2 reported that he was often invited to private events of senior Russian economic leaders and that the Russian oligarchs offered large sums of money to meet with him. Among his dozens of television appearances on Russian-speaking networks, one can note:
- In April 2014, he was invited to appear on Russia's state-of-the-art prime-time show, which he appeared on every night. It was a special time for him, during which he introduced and stunned the audience with his performance.
- He was invited to the prime time program of the Channel 1 Tonight for an hour and a half devoted to him.
- His activities were documented in a documentary film of the Russian economic magazine.
- He was invited to the state-of-the-art Lite Knight entertainment program.
- He was interviewed on Russia Today (RT) Channel.
- He appeared at the Comedy Club.
- He appeared in a one-on-one interview on the program White Studio of RTR Planeta.
Russian is one of the three language versions of his website, the other two being Hebrew and English.
During 2019, first time in history of the Eurovision song contest, a mentalist has been chosen to have a special guest star appearance. Lior Suchard appeared at the big events' green room, where he presented his special skills and talents in front of the contestants and million of viewers around the world.
- "The Power of the Mind". HuffPost. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "גיל ריבה עד הבית, עונה 3, פרק 11: זה כל הקסם ליאור סושרד" (in Hebrew). Reshet. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "ליאור סושרד בסך הכל "משתמש בחושים ברגישות"". Maariv (in Hebrew). Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "שאבתם כסף בששון". Haaretz (in Hebrew). 13 May 2012. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "קבלו את היורש: ליאור סושרד" (in Hebrew). Ynet. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "כך כבש ליאור סושרד את במות העולם" (in Hebrew). Mako. 3 February 2017. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "Skeptical (2011)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "ליאור סושרד חזה במדויק את תוצאות הבחירות" (in Hebrew). Mako. 24 January 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "Lior Suchard". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Mentalist Lior Suchard Bends Time for America Ferrara & Jeremy Piven". YouTube. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Lior Suchard 'one of sexiest men alive'". Ynetnews. 22 November 2010. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "When Barbra Streisand went 'mental' for an Israeli mind-reader". The Times of Israel. 25 August 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "גאווה: ליאור סושרד "מחמם" את ברברה סטרייסנד בסטייפלס סנטר - שבוע ישראלי" (in Hebrew). Israeliweek.com. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "Winning Moments at Live Quotient Awards 2015". Eventfaqs.com. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Mentalist Lior Suchard to make special appearance at Eurovision 2019". eurovision.tv. 1 May 2019.
- "A mentalist to appear as a special guest star - first time in the Eurovision song contest history". Kan News channel. 17 May 2019.