|Property/Public (JSX : LPKR)|
|Founded||Mochtar Riady (1990)|
|Gouw Vi Ven, CEO|
|Revenue||Rp 6,160 billion (2012)|
|Rp 1,060 billion (2012)|
Number of employees
PT. Lippo Karawaci Tbk. was first established as PT. Tunggal Reksakencana in 1990, as a subsidiary of Lippo Group, to build the Lippo Village (then Lippo Karawaci) township in Tangerang. In addition to Lippo Karawaci, the Lippo Group has also developed the Lippo Cikarang township in Cikarang, east of Jakarta.
Known for its clean environment and excellent infrastructure, Lippo Karawaci consists of three main residential areas and a commercial district. Supermal Karawaci (previously Lippo Supermal), located at the heart of the commercial district, was the largest shopping centre in west of Jakarta when it opened in 1996. The township itself has a direct highway exit and scheduled in-town (and inter-town) buses.
Next to Supermal Karawaci, is the area of Benton Junction. This area of sidewalk restaurants, coffee shops, small boutiques and tree-lined streets has a feel reminiscent of a European Village. Across from Benton Junction is a large Times Bookstore, one of Indonesia's largest English-language bookstores.
Sekolah Pelita Harapan (SPH), Sekolah Dian Harapan (SDH) and University of Pelita Harapan (UPH), all part of Yayasan Pelita Harapan were founded (and are located) in Lippo Karawaci. The township also hosts Siloam Hospital (previously Siloam Gleneagles Hospital), a four star Imperial Aryaduta Hotel and a championship Imperial Golf Club.
The apartment complex Amartapura, which is located in the township, consists of a 50 story and 40 story tower. Most Lippo companies are headquartered in Lippo Karawaci including AIG Life, Matahari Department Store and Supermarket, Multipolar Corporation, Lippo Bank, Kabelvision and Lippo General Insurance.
The area is also home to many businesses run by Korean expatriates in Indonesia. The temporary Jakarta Street Circuit in Karawaci was confirmed to host the fifth round of the 2008-09 A1 Grand Prix season, set for the weekend of 8 February 2009 to showcase the village and the surrounding businesses. The track designed by Hermann Tilke and part of the University of Pelita Harapan’s planned extensions will be utilized to double the pit lane capacity during the A1GP races.
- "Annual Report 2012" (PDF). PT Lippo Karawaci Tbk. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Nurbianto, Bambang. "Koreans made to feel at home in their village in Karawaci". The Jakarta Post. Archived from the original on April 29, 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- "Indonesia circuit revealed". a1gp.com. 2008-11-16. Retrieved 2008-11-16.
- T. Hogan and C. Houston (2002), "Corporate Cities - Urban Gateways or Gated Communities against the City? The Case of Lippo, Jakarta", Critical Reflections on Cities in Southeast Asia, Singapore: Times Academic, 243-264
- Lippo Karawaci travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Lippo Karawaci
- Karawaci.info - Complete Directory Listing
|This Banten location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|