|• Mayor||Edmond Themelko (AMIE)|
|• Municipality||198.68 km2 (76.71 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||17/km2 (43/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Bashkia Pustec (Macedonian: Општина Пустец, Opshtina Pustets), known officially as Komuna Liqenas from 1973 to 2013, is a municipality in the Korçë County of Albania. The population at the 2011 census was 3,290, in a total area of 198.68 km2.
It consists of nine villages, comprising the areas along the Albanian, southwestern shore of Lake Prespa. It is part of the so-called Mala Prespa area, which is home to a large part of the local ethnic Macedonian minority of Albania. Albanian and Macedonian are official languages of the municipality.
The village of Tserye was first mentioned in documents from 14th century. The names of other villages were found in more modern documents. According to a 1900 ethnographic survey, the numbers of inhabitants at the time was 1,830. The "La Macédoine et sa Population Chrétienne" survey by Dimitar Mishev (D. Brankov) from 1905 shows that the local Christian inhabitants were divided between Bulgarian Exarchate and Patriarchate of Constantinople. On 18 March 2013, the Albanian government changed the official name of the municipality, from the Albanian Liqenas to the Macedonian Pustec.
Villages in Pustec Municipality
The municipality contains nine villages.
Each of the nine villages in the municipality has an elementary school. Gorna Gorice has an 8-year school, while Pustec has both an 8-year school and a secondary school.
- Law nr. 115/2014
- 2011 census results
- Interactive map administrative territorial reform
- “ON THE STATUS OF THE MINORITIES IN THE REPUBLIC OF ALBANIA”, Albanian Helsinki Committee with support of the Finnish Foundation ‘KIOS’ and “Finnish NGO Foundation for Human Rights”. Hosted at SEE developed by the Applied Research and Communications Fund in Sofia (www.arc.online.bg) under a two-year project sponsored by the U.S. Agency for International Development USAID.
- Minority Rights in Albania, page 3 - Albanian Helsinki Committee, September 1999
- Kanchov, Vasil. Macedonia — ethnography and statistics, Sofia 1900, p. 242 (in Bulgarian)
- D.M.Brancoff. "La Macédoine et sa Population Chrétienne". Paris, 1905, p.170-171
- Pustec poveke ne e Liqenas
- "Ethnic Composition of Albania 2011". Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Religious Composition of Albania 2011". Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- ""ON THE STATUS OF THE MINORITIES IN THE REPUBLIC OF ALBANIA"" (PDF). Retrieved 10 March 2016.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Pustec.|