McCoy hosts the Dark and Lovely & Essence Magazine Panel in Chicago on June 12, 2010.
September 23, 1966 or|
September 23, 1967 
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Education||Thornridge High School
Eastern Illinois University
(m. 1992; div. 1994)
(m. 2006; div. 2008)
LisaRaye McCoy (born September 23, 1966 or 1967) (sources differ), known as LisaRaye, is an American actress, model, businesswoman and fashion designer. McCoy is best known for portraying Diana "Diamond" Armstrong in the 1998 film The Players Club, Neesee James on the CW sitcom All of Us from 2003 until 2007 and Keisha Greene in the VH1 romantic comedy series Single Ladies which originally aired from 2011–2014. She is also the ex-wife of Michael Misick, the first-ever Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Born in Chicago, Illinois, McCoy is the daughter of David Ray McCoy (1935–1988), a Chicago businessman and Katie McCoy, a former professional model. Growing up on the south side of Chicago, McCoy attended St. James College Prep, Kenwood Academy and later Thornridge High School; graduating in 1986. After high school, McCoy attended Eastern Illinois University before pursuing an acting career.
McCoy made her acting debut as the lead in Reasons, an independent film directed by Monty Ross. McCoy is perhaps best known for her role as Diamond in The Players Club, directed and written by Ice Cube. She also appeared in The Wood, opposite Omar Epps, Rhapsody, All About You, and Go for Broke. In 2003, McCoy starred as Neesee James in the UPN/ CW sitcom All of Us, where she played Duane Martin's ex-wife. The series ended in 2007. McCoy began her career as a model for fashion, but before that she was married to Archie Amerson. She did shows in churches and high schools in her native Chicago. In addition to acting, McCoy has also appeared in dozens of music videos, including "Know Filter 2" by Shleah, Tugoa, T.Lee, "Download" by Lil' Kim, Changing Faces's "Same Tempo", Ginuwine's "Last Chance", Ludacris' "Number 1 Spot", Calvin Richardson's "True Love," Sisqó's "Incomplete", Lil Jon and Ice Cube's "Roll Call", "I Don't Wanna See" and " I Really Want to Sex Your Body," by Link, Tupac Shakur's "Toss It Up", "Never Be The Same Again" by Ghostface Killah & Carl Thomas, ""Unpredictable" by Jamie Foxx, Ooohhhwwweee" by Master P, "Slip N' Slide by Danny Boy, and "Are You in the Mood" by Teddy & Dru Down. She also had a cameo in Seven's music video "Girls" & Jaheim's music video "Back Tight Wit You" McCoy also recorded the single "Would You?" with rapper Benzino. In 2005, McCoy launched two fashion lines: Luxe & Romance, a lingerie line that was introduced during New York's Fashion Week, and Xraye, a jeans line for women. In 2011, she launched her jean collection "The LisaRaye Collection" in partnership with PZI Jeans, and a hair line, "LisaRaye Glamour." That same year, she was the Ambassador/Grand Marshal for the 70th Magic City Classic parade and football game in Birmingham, Alabama.
McCoy has a daughter named Kai Morae Pace (b. 1989) from a previous relationship with Kenji Pace. In 1992, McCoy married Tony Martin. They divorced in 1994. In April 2006, McCoy married Michael Misick, who had been elected the Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands (a position previously known as "Chief Minister of the Turks and Caicos Islands") in 2003. They were married in a lavish ceremony before 300 guests, followed by a three-week honeymoon to Jerusalem, Bali and Dubai. During their marriage, McCoy's title was "First Lady of Turks and Caicos." In August 2008, Premier Misick released a statement announcing that he and McCoy were divorcing. Misick resigned from office in March 2009 after an investigation found "clear signs of corruption" involving selling off public land to fund his own investments. He fled Turks and Caicos, and was eventually arrested in Brazil and extradited back to the islands to stand trial.
|1995||Martin||Party scene; first girl wearing black dress, later on girl on Tommy's back||TV, 1 episode: Swing Thing|
|Moesha||Girl in the black cap trying out for cheerleading||TV, 1 episode: Friends|
|1997||In the House||Delivery Woman||TV, 2 episodes, credited as Lisa Raye|
|1998||The Parent 'Hood||TV, 1 episode, credited as Lisa Raye|
|The Players Club||Diana Armstrong/Diamond||student/night stripper|
|1999||The Wood||Lisa||Credited as Lisaraye|
|2000||The Cheapest Movie Ever Made|
|2001||Date from Hell|
|All About You||Lisa|
|2002||Civil Brand||Frances Shepard|
|Go for Broke||Belinda/Star|
|2003||Love Chronicles||Marie Toursaant|
|Gang of Roses||Marie|
|2003–2007||All of Us||Neesee James||88 episodes|
|2005||Beauty Shop||Rochelle||Credited as Lisaraye McCoy|
|The Proud Family Movie||Choreographer (Voice)||Credited as LisaRaye McCoy|
|2009||Contradictions of the Heart||Kiki|
|2011||Hawthorne||Chandra||TV, 1 episode: Just Between Friends|
|2011–2014||Single Ladies||Keisha Greene||41 episodes|
|2014||Skinned ||Mother||Also Co-Director Debuted on TV One in 2016|
|2016||Love Under New Management: The Miki Howard Story||Sylvia Rhone||Television movie|
|2007||NAACP Image Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series||All of Us||Nominated|
- Encyclopedia of African American Actresses in Film and TV, p. 209.
- This Week's Best Photos, Jet magazine, p. 42. October 15, 2007.
- NewsOne – Micheal Misick
- Historical Dictionary of African American Television – By Kathleen Fearn-Banks, Anne Burford-Johnson
- "This single lady is the real McCoy". 2012-08-02. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
- Berry, S. Torriano; Berry, Venise T. (2015-05-07). Historical Dictionary of African American Cinema. Rowman & Littlefield. ISBN 9781442247024.
- "Life begins at 40 – All Woman – Jamaica Observer Mobile". m.jamaicaobserver.com. Archived from the original on 2016-09-17. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "LisaRaye McCoy's lawyer fires back at defamation threat – Netscape Entertainment". isp.netscape.com. Archived from the original on 2016-08-29. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- Staff, Hollywood.com (2015-02-04). "LisaRaye McCoy | Biography and Filmography | 1966". Hollywood.com. Retrieved 2016-12-18.
- Historical Dictionary of African American Television
- New Millennium First Lady' Lisaraye – Sexy and Savy (JET Magazine – January 7, 2008)
- Lisaraye's Fairy Tale Comes True – Ebony Magazine – September 2006
- "IMAGINEI MAGAZINE". www.imagineimag.com. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- "Lisa Raye". www.nndb.com. Retrieved 2016-06-30.
- Essence – Things You Didn't Know About LisaRaye
- Black Celeb Kids -The Big Kids File (Three Generations Of Black Women)
- Classfinders - Lisaraye McCoy
- "LisaRaye Biography". askmen.com. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "LisaRaye McCoy". New York Times. 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "CW Cans "All of Us"". vibe.com. 2007-05-16. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "Discography – Benzino/Mario Winans/Lisa Raye". billboard.com. Archived from the original on June 26, 2014. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "Lisa Raye with Ginuwine last chance video". THEINSIDER. 2011-01-05. Archived from the original on 2011-01-11. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "Turks & Caicos Chief Minister announces engagement to Hollywood actress". caribbeannetnews.com. 2005-08-11. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "Will You Marry Me 2008 – Celebrity Weddings – LisaRaye & Michael Misick's Gallery". Essence Magazine. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Turks and Caicos premier to divorce US actress LisaRaye McCoy". cbc.ca. 2008-08-13. Archived from the original on 2012-07-22. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "Michael Misick Extradited From Brazil & Charged". bernews.com. January 7, 2014.