Lisa A. Callif
|Lisa A. Callif|
|Born||Lisa Anne Flate
January 6, 1974
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||New York University, Southwestern Law School|
|Occupation||Partner, Donaldson & Callif
|Spouse(s)||Dustin Callif (2003-present)|
|Children||Dylan Styles Callif (b. 2007)
Liam Daniel Callif (b. 2011)
Lisa A. Callif is an American entertainment attorney specializing in independent film. She works in all aspects of the field with a focus on clearance work – making it possible for filmmakers to use a limited amount of unlicensed material in their projects by utilizing the U.S. Copyright Law’s fair use doctrine.
In 2008, Callif became a named partner at the Beverly Hills law firm Donaldson & Callif. She has worked on such documentary films as I’m Still Here, Waiting for Superman and Inside Job, and with such filmmakers as Oliver Stone, Jason Blum and Elise Pearlstein. She is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Law at Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles.
In 2010, Callif released The American Bar Association’s Legal Guide to Independent Film Making, which she co-authored with law partner Michael C. Donaldson, whose book Clearance & Copyright: Everything the Independent Filmmaker Needs to Know is used as a textbook in over 50 college and university film schools across America.
- The American Bar Association's Legal Guide To Independent Filmmaking (2010) (by Lisa A. Callif & Michael C. Donaldson)
- "The best and the brightest". Variety. 2011-06-30. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- "Staffing Roundup: WWE, Lucasfilm Name GCs - THR, Esq". Hollywoodreporter.com. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- Lisa Callif '01. "Southwestern Law School — Faculty Profile". Swlaw.edu. Archived from the original on 2013-08-12. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- "Michael Donaldson and Lisa Callif Book Signing | SydneysBuzz". Blogs.indiewire.com. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- "Documentary Film Program Advisory Board | Center for Internet and Society". Cyberlaw.stanford.edu. Retrieved 2013-09-13.