Lisa Ann Sandell
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Lisa Ann Sandell|
|Born||Delaware, United States|
|Genre||Young adult, historical, romance|
|Notable works||Song of the Sparrow, "A Map of the Known World"|
Before she published her first book, Sandell interned in Jerusalem, Israel at the news magazine The Jerusalem Report. The experience informed Sandell's first novel, The Weight of the Sky, published by Viking Children's Books in 2006.
In 1999, Sandell received a BA in Medieval and Renaissance Literature from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Her honors thesis on Sir Thomas Malory's treatment of Lancelot in Le Morte d'Arthur provided the inspiration for her second novel, Song of the Sparrow.
Sandell moved to New York City in 2000, and began work as a children's book editor. She continues to write for young adults, and wrote a short story titled "See Me" for the anthology 21 Proms, which was published by Point (Publisher) in 2007.
Young Adult Novels
- "See Me", included in the young adult anthology 21 Proms, which was published in 2007.
- New York Public Library Book for the Teen Age", 2007, for "The Weight of the Sky"
- "Voice of Youth Advocates Best Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror titles, 2007, for "Song of the Sparrow"
- Kumar, Lisa (2007). Something about the Autho. Gale Cengage Learning. pp. 166–167. ISBN 0787687995. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- Rabb, Margot. "The Weight of Words (REview of The Weight of the Sky)". Jbooks. Jbooks. Archived from the original on May 18, 2015. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Lisa Ann Sandell's Website, retrieved July 4, 2008. The author's website.
- Lisa Ann Sandell at Scholastic Press, retrieved July 4, 2008. The author's page at her publisher, Scholastic Corporation.
- Lisa Ann Sandell's Amazon Profile, Amazon.com, retrieved July 4, 2008.
- Interview with Lisa Ann Sandell, retrieved July 4, 2008. An interview with the author at ChasingRay.com