|Born||September 20, 1961|
|Education||B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
J.D., Yale Law School
|Occupation||Attorney, author, television legal analyst|
|Employer||The Bloom Firm|
Lisa Bloom (born September 20, 1961) is an American civil rights attorney best known as anchor of Lisa Bloom: Open Court, a two-hour live legal news program on truTv's In Session, from 2001 to 2009. She is the only child of civil rights attorney Gloria Allred and Peyton Huddleston Bray, Jr. Bloom serves as legal analyst for Avvo, a lawyer database. In 2013, she signed on as permanent legal analyst for The Today Show. She also contributes to NBC Nightly News and MSNBC.
Bloom received a bachelor's degree from UCLA, graduating early and Phi Beta Kappa as National College Debate Champion, and a Juris Doctor (J.D.) from Yale Law School. Among Bloom's lawsuits, she unsuccessfully sued the Boy Scouts of America for sex discrimination on behalf of Katrina Yeaw, a girl who wanted to join the organization. She filed a child sexual abuse case suit against the Roman Catholic Church, and sued the LAPD on several occasions.
Bloom is a television legal analyst on CBS News, CNN, HLN and MSNBC, who also appears on The Early Show, The Insider, Dr. Phil, Dr. Drew, The Situation Room, Reliable Sources, The Joy Behar Show and Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell.
She is the founder and managing partner of The Bloom Firm, a general-practice law firm that handles family, civil and criminal matters. Bloom is licensed to practice law in both New York and California.
In May 2011, her book, Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World, was published by Vanguard Press. Think was reviewed by the Kirkus Book Review and was on the New York Times Bestseller List.
In May 2012 the Bloom book, Swagger: 10 Urgent Rules for Raising Boys in an Era of Failing Schools, Mass Joblessness, and Thug Culture, was released.
- Lisa Bloom leaving truTV, mediabistro.com; accessed March 27, 2015.
- Mother-daughter relationship noted in Allred profile on Nightline (August 26, 2010).
- Lisa Bloom joins Today Show as legal analyst, mediabistro.com; accessed March 27, 2015.
- AEI Speaker's Bureau Bio of Lisa Bloom
- Yeaw v. Boy Scouts of America 1997
- Profile, courttv.com; accessed March 27, 2015.
- Profile, aeispeakers.com; accessed March 27, 2015.
- The Bloom Firm official website; accessed March 27, 2015.
- "Ms Lisa Read Bloom, Attorney". Lawyer.com. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- Biodata, hlntv.com; accessed March 27, 2015.
- Shea, Lisa (2011). "Lisa Bloom's New Book 'Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed Down World'". elle.com. Retrieved June 2, 2011.
- Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World review, kirkusreviews.com; accessed March 27, 2015.
- New York Times Bestseller List, nytimes.com; accessed March 27, 2015.
- Book Review: Lisa Bloom’s Swagger, booksbywomen.org; accessed March 27, 2015.