4 April 1978|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
In Season: 187–209 lb (85–95 kg)|
Off-Season: 227 lb (103 kg)
|Pro-debut||IFBB Tampa Pro, 2014|
|Best win||IFBB Omaha Pro, 2015|
Early life and education
Lisa was born in Rochdale in 1978. She had eating problems that began while studying for her GCSEs. Around the age of 15 she became anorexic. She gained all As and A*s in her GCSEs and then achieved four A-Levels which allowed her to take a degree in Russian and Politics at Birmingham University.
Lisa has been weight training since 2003 and has been conditioning for competitive entry since 2008. She first really got into bodybuilding in 2006 while she was living in Japan while she was teaching English. Her boyfriend at the time was a Japanese bodybuilding champion and she started reading up on bodybuilding, such as Negrita Jayde, and started training with weights. In 2007, after she got married, she went to see the 2007 Ms. Olympia competition for their honeymoon and was impressed when she saw female bodybuilders for the first time in real life. Former UK junior champion Lewis Breed oversees her training and pre-contest preparation for bodybuilding. She competed in her debut competition at the 2009 NABBA England, placing second place behind Jennie Ellam. She then competed at the 2009 NABBA Universe achieving second place to Larissa Cunha. Her best win was first place at the UKBFF British Championships, where she won the Ladies Physique class. On 19 March 2014 she announced that she had been awarded her IFBB pro card and can now compete as a pro.
Lisa attended her first IFBB professional competition at the 2014 Tampa Pro, where she placed 16th place. In 2015, Alina Popa became her coach and started training at the Armbrust PRO Gym. Her training paid off when she went on to win the 2015 Omaha Pro, the first time a professional British female bodybuilder won an overall professional competition since 1999.
- 2009 NABBA England - 2nd
- 2009 NABBA Universe - 2nd
- 2009 UKBFF Hercules - 1st
- 2010 UKBFF British Championships - 1st
- 2011 Arnold Amateur Europe - 4th
- 2011 Women’s World Amateur Championships - 4th (HW)
- 2013 Arnold Amateur Europe - 2nd
- 2014 IFBB Tampa Pro - 16th
- 2015 IFBB Omaha Pro - 1st
- 2015 IFBB Wings of Strength Rising Phoenix World Championships - 9th
- 2016 IFBB Tampa Pro - 2nd
- 2016 IFBB Wings of Strength Rising Phoenix World Championships – 7th
- 2017 IFBB Tampa Pro - 2nd
- 2017 IFBB WOS Rising Phoenix World Championships – 9th
Lisa is bisexual and currently single. She currently lives in Plymouth. She is a former police woman and English teacher. She speaks English, French, Russian and Japanese. This is due to her time living in France, Russia and Japan. In 2014, she published her first book, the Devil and Disciple - The Temptation. Her sponsors are CNP Professional, Melanotan Europe, and Powerzone Gym Equipment. She runs her own community gym.
- "Lisa Cross". Musclememory.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "Lisa Cross September 15th, 2009". Web.archive.org. 2012-08-10. Archived from the original on August 10, 2012. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- Lisa Cross
- UK's Lisa Cross Decimates Delts at Bev Francis Powerhouse Gym!
- IFBB Tampa Pro
- 2015 Omaha Pro scorecards
- "An Arresting Development". Flexonline.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "Blog". Lisacross.com. 2014-06-18. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- Alina Popa Coach Archived 2015-10-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Today was my last training session but tinged with sadness as it was the day I left Denver, Alina Popa and Dylan's Armbrust PRO Gym.
- About Me
- "email@example.com". Sessiongirls.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "bblisa.cross". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "About Lisa". Web.archive.org. 2010-09-05. Archived from the original on September 5, 2010. Retrieved 2014-06-29.