||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2015)|
|Born||Lisa Jan Daily
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Notable works||Stop Getting Dumped!|
Lisa Jan Daily is the author of six books, and her articles appear on several dating and relationship websites. She is also the love and relationships expert on Daytime, a nationally syndicated morning TV show. She is also a popular media guest who has appeared on several television programs such as MTV Live to Entertainment Tonight. According to WFLA-TV, Lisa Daily has done more than 700 appearances on TV, radio and in print, more than 130 of which were on WFLA itself.
Daily was born in Los Angeles, California to George Frates and Jan Donwerth. Her father owned a transportation business, and her mother was the director of a child development center. Her half brother, Todd, died in a motorcycle accident when he was 26. Her hobbies are surfing, and tightrope walking for charity. She is also active in women’s rights, education, and equality issues. She lives in Sarasota, Florida.
Daily is an author of both fiction and non-fiction. Her first book, Stop Getting Dumped! (2002) was a bestseller in both the US and UK. It is her best known book. Her first novel, Fifteen Minutes of Shame (2008) is a romantic comedy about a dating expert who finds out on national television that her husband is filing for divorce. It won the Romantic Times Chick Lit Novel Award  and Publishers Weekly said it delivered "surprising depth and a heroine with heart to root for.". This book was optioned for film by screenwriter Stephen Susco.
Beauty (2012) is her second novel, which tells the story of a girl who wishes to be beautiful, and the next morning wakes up to find she's the most beautiful girl in Miracle, Ohio. But her wish comes with a price. The book was translated into German, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish languages.
Daily has appeared as the Relationships editor on the syndicated morning show Daytime ever since Valentine’s Day, 2006. She gives advice to parents, men and women, and is consulted by various media. She has also written relationship columns for the Huffington Post, Lavalife (a Canadian dating site), and her own dating advice blog.
At her dating advice blog, Stop Getting Dumped, she frequently covers issues in more depth than she is able to cover on her segment on Daytime. In 2005 she appeared as herself on Hitch: The Dating Experts, a feature filmed for the DVD release of the film Hitch, which starred Will Smith.
- Stop Getting Dumped!, Plume (2002)
- Fifteen Minutes of Shame, Plume (2008)
- How To Date Like a Grown Up, Sourcebooks Casablanca (2009)
- Is He Cheating?, Siesta Key House (2012)
- Is She Cheating?, Siesta Key House (2012)
- Beauty, Razorbill (2012)
Southern Fried Farce: A Buffet of Down-home Humor from the Best of Southern Writers, edited by Henry Oehmig, Jefferson Press (2007) (contributed essay)
- Lisa Daily - WFLA News Channel 8
- "Lisa Daily" on Groundhog.tv
- Fifteen Minutes of Shame RT Reviews, retrieved April 2008
- Fifteen Minutes of Shame Publisher's Weekly, retrieved Oct 1, 2007
- Fifteen Minutes of Shame wins RT Reviewers’ Choice Award StopGettingDumped.com, April 26, 2009.
- Schön sein Teil 1 GirlIt.de
- Skönhet till låns – del 1 GirlIt.se
- Skjønnheten kommer innenfra, del 1 GirlIt.no
- Kaunotar, osa 1 GirlIt.fi
- Eastwood daughter wedding OK'd by Dad, but couples often buck the tradition Christian Science Monitor, retrieved Mar 18, 2013
- Lisa Daily’s articles at the Huffington Post
- 5 Woo Woo Tricks to Spice up Your Love Life Lavalife
- 13 Signs You’re About to Get Dumped Stop Getting Dumped
- 'Hitch': The Dating Experts IMDb