|Born||Mary Elizabeth Bodington
4 June 1929
Reading, Berkshire, England
|Died||24 January 2014 (aged 84)|
|Spouse(s)||Grey Blake (m. 1952-1971; his death)|
Life and career
She made her film debut at the age of 21, in the title role of Lilli Marlene (1950), whilst in Hindle Wakes (1952) she played the part of mill worker Jenny Hawthorn. In Tiger by the Tail (1955) she played opposite Larry Parks, and later appeared in the horror film Curse of Simba (1965), but appeared more regularly on television. In the ITC series The Invisible Man (1958), loosely based on H. G. Wells' novel, she played Diane Brady.
Her other appearances in various TV programmes include The Saint, Danger Man, Doctor Who, Strange Report, The Protectors, Van Der Valk and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. She portrayed Queen Elizabeth II in the TV film Princess In Love (1996). In 2007 she provided background commentary to several episodes of The Invisible Man released by Network DVD.
Personal life and death
Lisa Daniely was married to actor Grey Blake from 1952 until his death in 1971. The couple had no children. Daniely died aged 84 on 24 January 2014, from undisclosed causes. She was survived by a stepson, Sean Blake, as well as a niece and two nephews.
- Lili Marlene (1950) title role
- Hindle Wakes (1952)
- Tiger by the Tail (1955)
- The Man in the Road (1957)
- The Vicious Circle (1957)
- The Middle Course (1961)
- Curse of Simba (1965)
- Stranger in the House (1967)
- Souvenir (1989)
- Birth info, findmypast.co.uk; accessed 8 April 2014
- Kavanagh, Anne (24 February 2014). "Lisa Daniely obituary". theguardian.com. Guardian Media Group. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Reid, John Howard (2006). More Movie Musicals. Lulu.com. p. 101. ISBN 9781411673427. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
|This article about an English film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|