This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lisa Coles Guerrero
April 9, 1964
Scott Erickson (m. 2004)
Lisa Guerrero (born April 9, 1964) is an American investigative journalist, actress, former sportscaster, host and model. Since 2006, Guerrero has been an investigative correspondent for the nationally syndicated newsmagazine Inside Edition.
Guerrero was born in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of Walter Coles, an American of English descent, and Lucy Guerrero, who was from Chile. Guerrero spent her childhood living in San Diego and Huntington Beach, California. In 1972, when she was aged eight, her mother died of cancer. To cope with the loss, her father enrolled her in theater therapy.
Early career and acting roles
Guerrero began her show-business career in the 1980s as a cheerleader for the Los Angeles Rams, after which she became Entertainment Director for the Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots. In the 1990s, she starred in Aaron Spelling's Sunset Beach as the scheming Francesca Vargas. She also guest-starred in Frasier (the "Odd Man Out" and "Frasier's Imaginary Friend" episodes), The George Lopez Show and In the Heat of the Night. In 1997, she became a sports anchor on Los Angeles' KCBS-TV and later KTTV.
In 1999, Guerrero moved to the Fox Network, where she participated in such shows as Sports Geniuses, Fox Overtime, Fox Extra Innings and the Toughman competition shows. Guerrero travelled to Egypt to tape the special Opening the Tombs of the Golden Mummies and starred in the San Diego Chargers magazine-style television show. Guerrero also co-hosted The Best Damn Sports Show Period, alongside Tom Arnold and Michael Irvin.
Monday Night Football
In 2003, she left The Best Damn Sports Show Period to join ABC's Monday Night Football television crew. Her performance on the broadcast was heavily criticized. The show hired her with the intention of making her a sideline reporter — personality-driven and feature-driven — but later changed their minds. Guerrero left the Monday Night Football team after one season.
On June 15, 2006, Guerrero became a correspondent on the TV newsmagazine Inside Edition. Guerrero is the Chief Investigative Correspondent for Inside Edition, working on undercover stories and investigative reports. In 2011 she won the National Headliner Award for Best Investigative Report, beating out Anderson Cooper for her undercover exposé on air duct cleaning scams. Lisa was also nominated for a Prism Award for her story on the dangers of alcohol and boating, as well as a Genesis Award nomination for her investigation into horse slaughter farms in Florida.
She and her former husband, MLB pitcher Scott Erickson, paired to make the independent film A Plumm Summer. In 2007, Guerrero took on the role of executive producer, in addition to playing a lead role in the film.
Guerrero continues to act and was seen in a brief cameo in the Brad Pitt film, Moneyball, as well as a recurring role in TNT's Southland. Guerrero also co-hosted VH1's game show The World Series of Pop Culture. In 2010, Guerrero hosted the first live webcast of the 82nd Academy Awards red carpet for Oscar.com, integrating viewers' questions from Facebook into celebrity interviews. In January 2012, Guerrero hosted Shooting Stars: Salute to Service, a reality competition show on Velocity.
Guerrero published her first book, a how-to crafts treatise on tablesetting, in 2016. Called Jewelry For Your Table, the book shows how to create handmade artwork for the dining table from easily sourced metal napkin rings and vintage brooches or other pieces of jewelry.
- Hell's Kitchen (2014) Dining room guest
- Shooting Stars: Salute to Service (2012) Host
- The John and Ken Show (2010) Guest
- Dr. Phil (2010) Guest
- Live From the Red Carpet: 82nd Academy Awards Oscar.com (2010) Host
- Inside Edition (2009–present) Chief Investigative Correspondent
- E! True Hollywood Story (1 episode, 2009)
- Headline News (2008–present) Guest
- E! News (2008–present) Guest
- Inside Edition (2007–2008) West Coast Correspondent
- World Series of Pop Culture (8 episodes, 2006) Commentator
- The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch (1 episode, 2006)
- Weekends at the DL (1 episode, 2005)
- Madden NFL 2006 (2005) (VG) (voice)
- Beyond the Glory (1 episode, 2005)
- Monday Night Football (16 episodes, 2003) Sideline Reporter
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! (1 episode, 2003)
- The Best Damn Sports Show Period (2001–2002) TV series
- Sexiest Bachelor in America Pageant (2000) (TV) Co-Host
- Southern California Sports Report (2000) TV series Host
- Sports Geniuses (2000) TV series Co-host
- Extra (1994) TV series Co-anchor
- Wild West Showdown (1994)
- In the Heat of the Night (1 episode, 1990)
- Matlock (1 episode, 1991)
- Batman Returns (1992)
- Love Potion No. 9 (1992)
- Seinfeld (1 episode, 1994)
- Cybill (1 episode, 1996)
- Fire Down Below (1997)
- Frasier (2 episodes, 1997)
- Sunset Beach (1998–1999, 86 episodes) Francesca Vargas
- George Lopez (episode "Feel the Burn", 2003) Linda Lorenzo
- Today You Die (2005)
- A Plumm Summer (2007)
- Winged Creatures (2008)
- Victorious (pilot, 2010)
- Southland (2010-2011)
- Moneyball (2011)
- A Plumm Summer (2007)
- Sports Media Watch presents the 10 worst personnel moves of the 2000s. #8: Lisa Guerrero on Monday Night Football (2003, ABC)
- Jewelry For Your Table, Schiffer Publishing, Limited, Nov 11, 2016 - Handicraft - 144 pages