|Minister of Youth and Culture|
6 January 2012 – 7 March 2016
|Preceded by||Olivia Grange|
|Succeeded by||Olivia Grange|
|Member of Parliament |
for Saint Ann South Eastern
|Assumed office |
11 September 2007
|Preceded by||Aloun Ndombet-Assamba|
|Political party||People's National Party|
|Spouse(s)||David Panton (m. 1999; div. 2004) Richard Lake (m. 2017)|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Title||Miss Jamaica World 1993|
Miss World 1993
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Jamaica World 1993|
Miss World 1993
(Miss World Caribbean)
Lisa Rene Hanna (born 1975) is a Jamaican politician and beauty queen who was crowned Miss World 1993, becoming the third Jamaican to win the title. A member of the opposition People's National Party, Hanna currently serves as Member of Parliament for Saint Ann South East, and was Jamaica's Minister of Youth and Culture from 2012-2016.
Life after Miss World
Career in entertainment
In 1998, Hanna acted in the romantic comedy How Stella Got Her Groove Back. In 2003, Hanna tried her hand in broadcasting, hosting a Jamaican talk show Our Voices and was a guest presenter on Xtra in the United States. She returned to her country a year later and was a communications consultant for the Hilton Hotel in New Kingston.
In the 2007 general election, as a member of the People's National Party, Hanna contested and won the seat for St. Ann South East. Hence, positioning her as a Member of Parliament for that Constituency. She is one of the youngest women to be elected to the Jamaican Parliament. In addition to her duties as constituency representative she served as opposition spokesperson on Information, Youth and Culture up to December 2011. In the 29 December 2011 polls her party was elected into power. She was subsequently appointed as Minister of Youth and Culture.
Hanna married David Panton in 1999 in New York City. Hanna and Panton had a son in 2001. They divorced in 2004 in Atlanta. In December 2017, Hanna married Jamaican businessman Richard Lake in St. Andrew, Jamaica.
- "Miss Jamaica wins Miss World title". Deseret News. 28 November 1993. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "Wendy's partner estranged wife silent over affair". Trinidad & Tobago's Newsday. 29 January 2006. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "Lisa and Carlene team in 'Our Voices'". The Jamaica Observer. 31 March 2003. Archived from the original on 29 June 2011. Retrieved 5 November 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Team PNP remains confident in Portia". The Daily Gleaner. 26 August 2008. Archived from the original on 12 August 2011. Retrieved 5 November 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Shakespeare-Blackmore, Keisha (7 September 2007). "Women in the House". The Jamaica Gleaner. Archived from the original on 4 December 2008. Retrieved 24 April 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Positioning for power". The Daily Gleaner. 12 October 2008. Archived from the original on 12 August 2011. Retrieved 5 November 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Horowitz, Jason. In College Roommate David Panton, Ted Cruz Finds Unwavering Support, New York Times, 23 April 2016.
- "Lisa Hanna ties the knot with businessman Richard Lake". Jamaica: Loop. 9 December 2017. Retrieved 31 March 2019.
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss World Caribbean
| Miss Jamaica World
| Minister of Youth and Culture
| Member of Parliament for Saint Ann South Eastern