|Born||Elisabeth Marie Haydon
17 June 1983
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Occupation||Model, actress, fashion designer|
|Spouse(s)||Dino Lalwani (m 2016)|
Lisa Haydon (born Elisabeth Marie Haydon; 17 June 1986) is an Indian model and actress, who appears in Bollywood films. She received critical praise for her performance in the comedy-drama Queen, which garnered her a Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination, among other accolades. Haydon later starred in the commercially successful comedy Housefull 3 and made a cameo appearance in the romantic drama Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (both 2016).
Elisabeth Marie Haydon was born on 17 June 1986 in Chennai, India to Venkat, and an Australian mother, Bernadette Maria Haydon. Her sister is model turned DJ Malika Haydon, one half of the DJ duo Nina & Malika. Haydon lived in Australia and the United States before moving back to India in 2007 to pursue modelling.
Haydon wanted to be a yoga teacher at the age of 18. Studying psychology on the side, she took her friends' suggestion to pursue modelling to pay for the classes and rent. She started modelling in Australia with her first assignment being for stretch mark cream. Encouraged by her sister's modelling acts in India, she moved to India in 2007 to pursue a modelling career there. In India, she has walked the ramp for Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) and HDIL-India Couture Week(HDIL-ICW). She is also the face of Lakmé. She has also featured in commercials for Hyundai i20, Indigo Nation, Myntra.com and Blender's Pride. In 2010, she did a commercial opposite Hrithik Roshan. With the legendary photographer Peter Lindbergh, she modeled for Nirav Modi along with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Andreea Diaconu
She has featured as cover girl for major fashion magazines like Verve (March 2008, January 2011), Elle (April 2009, May 2009, May 2010, April 2011), Femina (April 2009), Harper's Bazaar (January–February 2010), FHM (August 2010) and Adorn (November–December 2010).
As a model Haydon has been recognized for her impeccable style and persona. She has been the first and the obvious choice of almost all the major fashion awards in the country. She was named the best model and the most stylish persona in Cosmopolitan Fun and Fearless Awards 2009, DNA most stylish 2009, Marie Claire best model 2010.
Haydon collaborated with lifestyle brand Sher Singh now acquired by Myntra to launch their first capsule collection inspired by her global style. On 14 February 2012, Sher Singh chauhan unveiled its spring collection online. Playful, in pastel, coral and tan, some of the dresses have lace embellishments and can be paired with boots and jackets. Explaining their choice of Lisa, Sunjay Guleria and Sonny Caberwal of Sher Singh reason that Lisa Haydon has a global fashion style with a distinct Indian identity. "Bohemian, jersey for comfort wear and structured cuts, I love it all," Lisa says. "My personal style is the way I'd put an outfit I love together".
The line will not have completely Indian pieces, but will borrow elements for Indian fashion through buttons, embroidery, colors, dyes and fabrics. This is the first time an Indian model and actor is designing her line internationally, along the lines of celebrities such as Kate Moss, Sarah Jessica-Parker and Jennifer Lopez.
She was spotted by Anil Kapoor in a coffee shop and soon her agent received a phone call for a role in the movie Aisha. The movie was loosely based on the Jane Austen novel Emma and its Hollywood adaptation Clueless, and she was offered to play role of Aarti Menon, a New-York returned, white-collared, corporate yuppie. After signing the movie, she went to New York City for three months to learn method acting and also received classes on diction in Mumbai. In 2014, Haydon appeared in the coming-of-age dramedy Queen alongside Kangana Ranaut. She played Vijayalakshmi, a single mother who has a child out of wedlock. Haydon's performance was extensively praised by critics; Devesh Sharma wrote that she "gives a class act", whilst Rajeev Masand said that she "is a complete revelation in the role of Rani's bohemian Parisian pal, investing the character with both sultriness and genuine affection." The film earned unanimous critical acclaim and was also a box office hit. Her latest release was The Shaukeens, a remake of the 1982 film Shaukeen opposite Akshay Kumar, Anupam Kher, Annu Kapoor and Piyush Mishra. It was released on Nov 7, 2014. It took a decent start at the box-office with positive reviews but was a commercial failure. Lisa Haydon was also a part of Karan Johar's film 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' alongside Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles. The movie was released on October 28, 2016. Lisa will play the second lead in Milan Luthria's next titled 'Baadshaho' which stars Ajay Devgan as its protagonist. She was also featured in Rascals.
She is currently seen in the webseries 'The Trip' on bindaas channel.
|2010||Aisha||Aarti Menon||Hindi||Debut film|
|2014||Queen||Vijayalakshmi||Hindi||Nominated Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2016||Santa Banta Pvt Ltd||Queenie Taneja (QT)||Hindi|||
|2016||Housefull 3||Jamuna "Jenny" Patel||Hindi|
|2016||Ae Dil Hai Mushkil||Lisa D'Souza||Hindi|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Vogue Beauty Award for Best Breakthrough||Queen||Won|
|Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|Star Guild Award for Best Breakthrough Female||Nominated|
|2015||Lions' Gold Award for Favourite Actress in Supporting Role (Female)||Won|
|IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
- Gupta, Priya (9 March 2014). "I am madly in love with Karan too but we are not together right now". Times of India. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Lisa Haydon Biography,Pictures and Modelling career".
- "Never dated Ness Wadia, not friends with Randeep Hooda: Lisa Haydon". DNA. 3 September 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- Pivhal, Navin (October 26, 2016). "Riding the DJ wave with elan". The Hans India.
- "Supermodel Lisa Haydon spills the beans on her life before and after modelling Actress At Myntra .com". DNA. 5 August 2010. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "The other Haydon girl". The Indian Express. 15 December 2008. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "Lisa Haydon Biography". CineBasti.com. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- Vaidya, Rujuta (1 August 2016). "This legendary fashion photographer shot the latest Nirav Modi as campaign". Vogue. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- "Lisa Haydon - Verve Magazine (January 2011)". LikeCinema.org. 5 January 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "Lisa Haydon - Elle India (April 2011)". BeautyIsDiverse.com. 25 April 2011. Archived from the original on 1 April 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "Lisa Haydon – Elle India (May 2010)". HighHeelConfidential.com. May 2010. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "Lisa Haydon – Femina India (April 2009)". 22 April 2009. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "Lisa Haydon – Adorn India (November–December 2010)". HighHeelConfidential.com. December 2010. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- "Lisa Haydon's Biography" Retrieved 20 July 2015
- Sharma, Devesh (7 March 2014). "Movie Review: Queen". Filmfare. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- Masand, Rajeev (11 March 2014). "'Queen' review: Rare, disarming film that has you smiling throughout". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Mehta, Ankita (6 March 2014). "‘Queen’ Review Roundup: Watch it for Kangana's Superb Performance". International Business Times. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Box Office: Bewakoofiyaan does below average business". Rediff.com. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Lalwani, Vickey (18 April 2014). "Akshay Kumar pours champagne over a shocked Lisa Haydon". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Rascals: B'wood hottie Lisa Haydon in spicy item number". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- Lalvani., Zack. "First Look: Lisa Haydon and Dino Lalvani share picture with their newborn boy Zack Lalvani". www.pinkvilla.com. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lisa Haydon.|