|Born||Lisa Jo Gottsegen
September 1, 1954
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Education||University of Colorado at Boulder (1976)|
|Occupation||Founder and president of Lisa Hoffman Beauty|
|Spouse(s)||Dustin Hoffman (m. 1980)|
|Children||4, including Jake Hoffman|
Lisa Jo Hoffman (née Gottsegen; born September 1, 1954) is an American businesswoman. She is the founder and president of Lisa Hoffman Beauty.
Early life and academic career
Hoffman was born in Los Angeles, California, to William Lawrence Gottsegen, and Marcia Francis Gottsegen (née Salter). She graduated from University of Colorado at Boulder in 1976 with a bachelor's degree in psychology.
Hoffman is married to American actor Dustin Hoffman. They married in Roxbury, Connecticut on October 12, 1980. Hoffman has one stepdaughter, Karina (born 1966) and a daughter with his fist wife, Anne Byrne Hoffman, Jenna (born 1970). Together, the couple has four children — Jacob Edward (born 1981), Rebecca Lillian (born 1983), Maxwell Geoffrey (born 1984), and Alexandra Lydia (born 1987).
In 2007, Hoffman released a line of beauty products under the brand Lisa Hoffman Beauty. She is the founder and current president of Lisa Hoffman Beauty, which specializes in fine fragrance products.
In 2008, Lisa Hoffman was named "Newcomer of the Year" by Women's Wear Daily magazine. Lisa Hoffman Beauty was also named among the "Beauty's Top 40 of 2008" by Redbook magazine. Lisa Hoffman Beauty won an Allure Best of Beauty award in 2008 and 2009. In 2009, Lisa Hoffman Beauty won two nominations for the Top Five FiFi® Finalist in the Unique Boutique category. The fragrances Madagascar Orchid and Japanese Agarwood were nominated alongside Acqua di Parma, Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel, and Tom Ford.
In 2012, Lisa Hoffman Beauty was nominated for two FiFi® Awards, in the category of Technological Breakthrough, for their fragrance tools and their "Fine Fragrance Jewelry" collection. The company has been recognized for advanced algorithms that identify personal fragrance preferences for consumers. The "Fine Fragrance Jewelry" collection was nominated for an award in Technological Breakthrough in Packaging Technology and Delivery Systems. The company was also nominated as a finalist in the HBA International Package Design Awards (IPDA) - an industry-specific award.
In 2015, Lisa Hoffman Beauty won the ICMAD Award for its Brazilian Begonia Fragrance Bracelet.
- "Lisa Jo Gottsegen, Born 09/01/1954". California Birth Index. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- McCarthy, Fiona (22 July 2007), "Mrs. Hoffman Graduates In Beauty", You, pp. 30–33
- Karimzadeh, Marc (11 January 2010), "FGI Announces Rising Star Finalist", Woman’s Wear Daily
- Kaye, Cheryl Kramer (2008), "Beauty Product Award Winners of 2008", Redbook
- "Allure Best of Beauty Body Award", Allure, 2008
- "2009 FiFi Finalists Announced". Cosmetic + Personal Care Packaging. 2008. Archived from the original on 2010-12-29. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "The 2009 FiFi Finalists Announced". Woman’s Wear Daily. 2009-05-27. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Lisa Hoffman Beauty and HSN Launch Jewelry Collection for the Senses". PR Newswire. Jan 12, 2012. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- "Top Three Finalists: Technological Breakthrough". FiFi Awards Wordpress.
- "MEDIA ALERT: Trends and New Innovations in Beauty, Fragrance, Personal Care & Skin Care". PR Newswire. Jan 12, 2012. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- "City Award Winner". Independent Cosmetic Manufacturers and Distributors. 2015. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- Lisa Hoffman Beauty official website