|Born||December 31, 1969 (age 49)|
|Occupation||Cook Book Author, Blogger, TV Personality|
|Spouse(s)||Dan Schneider (m. 2002)|
Lillien always battled with her weight until one day she decided she was going about dieting all wrong. Rather than give up the junk food that she enjoyed, she realized she could remake such food into more healthy options. She does not have a degree in nutrition or a similar field, but considers herself a "foodologist" because she is obsessed with food.
In 2004 she started her company by creating the website HungryGirl.com. She used $10,000 of her savings to start the business and began with two hundred followers. Today she has over a million subscribers. Through this free daily email subscription service called Hungry Girl she sends out recipes, advice and more.
She has a weekly column on Weight Watchers website and she writes for Redbook magazine. She appears on cooking shows like Rachael Ray. Lillien has a TV show on the Food Network and the Cooking Channel.
Lillien married writer and producer Dan Schneider in 2002.
- Hungry Girl Clean & Hungry: Easy All-Natural Recipes for Healthy Eating in the Real World (April 5, 2016)
- The Hungry Girl Diet Cookbook: Healthy Recipes for Mix-n-Match Meals & Snacks (December 29, 2015)
- The Hungry Girl Diet: Big Portions. Big Results. Drop 10 Pounds in 4 Weeks (March 25, 2014)
- Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 Just Desserts: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories (May 7, 2013)
- Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook (October 16, 2012)
- By Lisa Lillien – Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories (February 27, 2011)
- Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories (March 29, 2011)
- Hungry Girl Supermarket Survival: Aisle by Aisle, HG-Style! (October 11, 2011)
- Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet (March 30, 2010)
- Hungry Girl Happy Hour: 75 Recipes for Amazingly Fantastic Guilt-Free Cocktails and Party Foods (June 22, 2010)
- Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories (April 14, 2009)
- Hungry Girl: The Official Survival Guides (April 14, 2009)
- Hungry Girl Chew the Right Thing: Supreme Makeovers for 50 Foods You Crave (December 8, 2009)
- Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World (April 29, 2008)
- Rogers, John. "Lisa Lillien of The 'Hungry Girl' Empire Reveals How She Stopped Yo-Yo Dieting For Good". Huffington Post. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- "Who Is Hungry Girl?". Hungry Girl. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- "Lisa Lillien is No Nutritionist, Just Hungry for Good Nutrition". Diets in Review. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- Deanna Schwartz, Daylle. "Interview with Hungry Girl's Lisa Lillien". Belief Net. Retrieved September 3, 2014.