Lisa A. Marcaurelle, Ph.D.
|Alma mater||University of California - Berkeley|
|Doctoral advisor||Carolyn R. Bertozzi|
Lisa A. Marcaurelle is a chemist and a senior executive in multiple biotechnology companies.
Marcaurelle received her B.A. in Chemistry from the College of the Holy Cross in 1997, where she worked with Prof. Timothy Curran on dipeptide scaffolds. She enrolled in UC-Berkeley to pursue a Ph.D. in Chemistry under Carolyn Bertozzi, working on a variety of new glycoside-linking technologies to produce glycoprotein mimetics for natural substances like mucin. Marcaurelle completed a one-year postdoctoral fellowship at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, working with Peter Seeberger on solid-phase synthesis of oligosaccharides.
Marcaurelle worked at Infinity Pharmaceuticals and the Broad Institute for a combined 9 years, working in high-throughput chemistry, diversity-oriented chemical synthesis, chemical biology, and medicinal chemistry projects. She was recruited as a Vice President at H3 Biomedicine in 2011. At H3, Marcaurelle instituted and continued to develop a diversity-oriented synthesis platform, based on newly-evolving chemotypes such as spirocycles and macrocycles. In 2016, she became Senior Director of Chemistry at Warp Drive Bio, and in 2018 Vice President of Enko Chem, a venture-backed crop protection start-up in the Boston area.
Marcaurelle remains active in professional society volunteering and mentorship of younger scientists in the pharmaceutical industry, and actively advocates for the inclusion of women scientists in leadership roles.
- 2013 - American Chemical Society WCC "Rising Star" Award
- 2013 - McElvain Industrial Seminar, University of Wisconsin
- 2011 - Division of Organic Chemistry Young Investigator Symposium
- 1997 - American Institute of Chemists Foundation Award
- 1996 - Phi Beta Kappa
- Marcaurelle, L. A. (2002-06-01). "Recent advances in the chemicalsynthesis of mucin-like glycoproteins". Glycobiology. 12 (6): 69R–77. doi:10.1093/glycob/12.6.69R. ISSN 1460-2423.
- "Crunchbase: Lisa Marcaurelle, H3". Crunchbase. Retrieved October 2018. Check date values in:
- "Welcome". Enko Chem. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "Why can't the drug industry solve its gender diversity problem?". Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- Chow, Christine (2013). "WCC Rising Stars Newsletter" (PDF). ACS WCC Newsletter. Retrieved October 2018. Check date values in:
- "Dr. Lisa Marcaurelle | UW-Madison Department of Chemistry". www.chem.wisc.edu. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "Young Investigator's Symposium (YIS) - ACS Division of Organic Chemistry". ACS Division of Organic Chemistry. Retrieved 2018-10-25.