Lisa Miller (journalist)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1963 (age 52–53)
|Occupation||Author, journalist, editor|
|Notable works||Heaven: Our Enduring Fascination with the Afterlife|
Lisa Miller (born 1963) is an American writer and journalist. She is currently a contributing editor for New York. Formerly a senior editor of Newsweek and a religion columnist for the Washington Post, Ms. Miller is a Wilbur Prize-winning author and a commentator on religion, history, and religious faith.
Born in Cleveland, Ohio, Miller was raised in a secular Jewish home. She attended Oberlin College in Oberlin, Ohio, graduating in English in 1984. She worked at the Harvard Business Review, The New Yorker, and The Wall Street Journal.
Miller was married to her husband in an interfaith ceremony performed by an Episcopalian priest who worked with a rabbi on the ceremony. After the birth of her daughter, Miller joined a Jewish Temple for reasons of "blood and history and culture". She describes this religious community as a "progressive, inclusive congregation."
Miller has worked as a writer and editor at the Harvard Business Review, The New Yorker, and the Wall Street Journal. She joined Newsweek as Society Editor in July 2000, becoming the Religion Editor and columnist in October 2006. Miller has also been the religion columnist for the Washington Post and is currently a contributing editor for New York.
- Heaven: Our Enduring Fascination with the Afterlife (2010) ISBN 978-0-06-055475-0, a history and personal memoir exploring the idea of heaven in Western culture.
- "2010 Wilbur Award Winners | RCC". Religioncommunicators.org. Retrieved June 29, 2010.
- Miller, Lisa. "On Faith Panelists Blog: Faith in love – Lisa Miller". Newsweek.washingtonpost.com. Retrieved June 29, 2010.
- "Lisa Miller: About the Author: HarperCollins Publishers". Harpercollins.com. March 24, 2010. Retrieved June 29, 2010.
- Miller, Lisa. "Lisa Miller - On Faith at washingtonpost.com". Newsweek.washingtonpost.com. Retrieved June 29, 2010.
- Miller, Lisa. "Lisa Miller – Contributing Editor, New York Magazine".
- ISBN 978-0-06-055475-0
- Harper Collins
- Excerpt from 'Heaven' at Newsweek.com
- Newsweek Cover Our Mutual Joy: Gay Marriage in America
- Newsweek Cover Finding His Faith: An Interview with Barack Obama
- Index of articles and essays by Lisa Miller at New York Magazine
- Archive of Lisa Miller's religion column at the Washington Post
- Index of articles and essays by Lisa Miller at Newsweek.com
- Archive of video appearances, articles and essays by Lisa Miller