||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
Lisa Miskovsky live at Stadsfesten Skellefteå 2007
|Birth name||Lisa Miskovsky|
|Born||9 March 1975|
|Genres||Pop, country pop, indie pop, dream pop, pop rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician|
|Instruments||piano, acoustic and electric guitar|
Lisa Miskovsky quickly placed herself on the Swedish rock music charts with her debut album Lisa Miskovsky and single "Driving One of Your Cars", with Swedish releases in 2001. Following this release, she received two Swedish Rock Bear awards; one for Best Swedish Newcomer, and the other for Best Swedish Female Artist of the Year. She followed up her musical success with the album Fallingwater, released in 2003, which quickly climbed to number one in the Swedish pop charts, even reaching platinum sales. The album's success came greatly from two of its songs "Lady Stardust" and "Sing to Me" which both became hits. "Lady Stardust" was also a radio hit in Europe, particularly in Germany and the United Kingdom.
Lisa contributed vocals to the track "Dead End" on Come Clarity, the 2006 release from Swedish melodic death metal outfit In Flames. However, she does not actually appear in the band's special edition DVD included in Come Clarity. Instead, her part is lipsync'd by one of In Flames' roadies.
Lisa performed the theme song "Still Alive" for Mirror's Edge (not to be confused with a song from Portal of the same name, which was sung by Ellen McLain), a first person action-adventure video game developed by EA Digital Illusions CE (DICE). A remix album titled Still Alive - the Remixes was released on 11 November 2008 to coincide with the North American release date of Mirror's Edge. The album featured Miskovsky's original version, along with remixes by Benny Benassi, Junkie XL, Paul van Dyk, Armand Van Helden, and Teddybears. At E3 2013 a new entry in the Mirror's Edge franchise was announced. In November 2013 fans of Lisa Miskovsky and Rhianna Pratchett submitted a petition to EA DICE, hoping to ensure their future involvement with the game.
Lisa entered Melodifestivalen 2012, the Swedish preselection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 with the song "Why Start a Fire". Lisa competed in the fourth semifinal and placed in the top two songs of the heat. As a result, Lisa has competed at the grand final in Stockholm in 2012 where she finished 9th.
She proudly shared in a fan interview at Melodifestivalen 2012, that she is a mother with two children, however she did not reveal any other personal information. She's married and resides in Umeå.
During the 2014 Winter Olympics she was a sports reporter on location, mainly covering snowboard and freestyle skiing.
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or not released to that country|
|2008||Last Year's Songs: Greatest Hits
|Sweden Top 60|
|2001||"Driving One of Your Cars"||Lisa Miskovsky||14|
|2004||"Sing to Me"||26|
|"Brand New Day"||59|
|2008||"Another Shape of My Heart"||Last Year's Songs: Greatest Hits||45|
|"Still Alive"||Mirror's Edge||29|
|2011||"Got A Friend"||-|
|2012||"Why Start A Fire"||Non-album Single||15|
|2012||"Wild Winds"||Wild Winds|
- 2005 - Kent - Max 500 (vocals for 'Välgärningar & Illdåd')
- 2006 - In Flames - Come Clarity (vocals for 'Dead End')
- 2008 - Still Alive (Theme for the video game Mirror's Edge) #8 UK Indie chart #96 UK chart #23 Billboard Hot Dance Club Play
- 2013 - Comfort You (lyrics) & 'Home' (Featuring Marion Raven) (vocals & lyrics), both songs for Raven's latest album Songs from a Blackbird #3 in Norway.
- "Original Idea to "Shape of My Heart"". Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- "DICE Announces Mirror’s Edge Remix Album Hitting Airwaves This November". Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- "Lisa Miskovsky's Continued involvement in Mirrors Edge". Age-Media. 2013-10-13. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Lisa Miskovsky 30 år". Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "Körer möter Lisa & Carolina Miskovsky". Norrlandsoperan. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- "YouTube". youtube.com.
- "swedishcharts.com - Discography Lisa Miskovsky". Hung Medien. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Lisa Miskovsky - Lisa Miskovsky" (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
Link leads to landing page. Type "Lisa Miskovsky" into the website's search function on the top right to find the relevant information
- "Lisa Miskovsky - Fallingwater" (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
Link leads to landing page. Type "Lisa Miskovsky - Fallingwater" into the website's search function on the top right to find the relevant information
- "Lisa Miskovsky - Changes" (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
Link leads to landing page. Type "Lisa Miskovsky - Changes" into the website's search function on the top right to find the relevant information
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lisa Miskovsky.|