Lisa Rinna modeling at The Heart Truth Fashion Show 2008
Lisa Deanna Rinna|
July 11, 1963
Newport Beach, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, fashion designer, talk show host|
|Home town||Medford, Oregon, U.S.|
Harry Hamlin (m. 1997)
Lisa Deanna Rinna (born July 11, 1963) is an American actress and television personality. She is best known for her roles as Billie Reed on the NBC daytime soap opera Days of Our Lives, Taylor McBride on Fox's television drama Melrose Place and as the host of Soapnet's talk show Soap Talk. In 2014, she joined the main cast of Bravo's hit reality television series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Rinna was a contestant on various seasons of The Celebrity Apprentice and Dancing with the Stars, and she has acted in series such as Entourage, The Middle, Veronica Mars, "The Hogan Family, Community, and 8 Simple Rules.
At age seven, her family relocated to Medford, Oregon, when her father was transferred for job-related reasons, and she spent the remainder of her childhood there. Rinna graduated from Medford Senior High School in 1981. After graduating, Rinna moved to San Francisco, California to pursue a career as a model.
At age 22, Rinna appeared in the 1985 John Parr "Naughty Naughty" music video as the passenger in Parr's car. Rinna later appeared as the girlfriend to Jason Bateman's character in several episodes of The Hogan Family in 1990. In 1992, she received national recognition when she first starred on NBC's Days of Our Lives as Billie Reed. She departed in 1995, though reprised the role from 2002 to 2003. She later switched from daytime to primetime, portraying Taylor McBride on Aaron Spelling's Melrose Place from 1996 to 1998. Rinna has starred in two projects opposite husband Harry Hamlin, the teen crime-drama Veronica Mars, and the Lifetime movie Sex, Lies & Obsession. Her previous Lifetime movie, Another Woman's Husband, boasted one of the highest ratings for a movie on Lifetime since 1999. She has also appeared in Hannah Montana in the role of Mr. Dontzig's cousin Francesca. She also guest-starred on an episode of Movie Stars for the WB, the first ever on-screen appearance she shared opposite her husband. Rinna got her first role in the feature film Good Advice, starring Charlie Sheen and Jon Lovitz, and recently appeared in an episode of HBO's Entourage. In 2009, Rinna stated that she would love to reprise her role of Taylor McBride on CW's revival Melrose Place, if given the offer; however, the series was cancelled after only one season.
In February 2009, Rinna starred in the Broadway production of Chicago, portraying the role of Roxie Hart, alongside her husband, who played the role of Billy Flynn. In 2011, Rinna guest starred on Nickelodeon's Big Time Rush as Brooke Diamond. Later that year, it was confirmed that Rinna would again reprise the role of Billie Reed on Days of our Lives. She reported to work in December, with her first scenes airing March 9, 2012. However, in August 2012, it was confirmed by Huffington Post that Rinna would once again leave the soap to develop a panel-focused talk show.
Hosting and reality television
In 2002, Rinna was named co-host of Soap Talk, the daily lifestyle show that aired on SOAPnet, for which she received a Daytime Emmy Award nomination. In June 2006, SoapNet announced that it was canceling Soap Talk after four seasons due to low ratings.
In August 2007, Rinna replaced Joan Rivers as the host of TV Guide Network's red carpet coverage. In addition to subsequently guest-hosting Live with Regis and Kelly, Rinna also hosted the TV makeover program Merge on Lifetime.
She competed in the second season of Dancing with the Stars with professional Louis van Amstel and was eliminated in Round Seven based on audience voting, despite having higher marks from the judges than fellow celebrity dancer Jerry Rice. Lisa was also featured as a guest judge on the fourth episode of RuPaul's Drag Race.
In 2008, TV Guide reported that Rinna and Hamlin had signed a deal to create a reality TV series based around their family life. The series, titled Harry Loves Lisa, premiered on TV Land on October 6, 2010 and ran for 6 episodes.
In 2011, Rinna participated in Season 4 of Celebrity Apprentice. She was eliminated after being the project manager on the 2nd task, writing and performing a children's book. Rinna returned to the show in its sixth season as one of the "All-Stars" contestants. After being eliminated from that roster, she appeared on the May 13, 2013 episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon with Lil Jon to talk about their time on the show.
In 2014, Rinna joined the cast of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for the show's fifth season. Earlier in the same year, she had been one of the contestants in the progressive game show/talent competition Sing Your Face Off. (It was not known, as of the middle of August 2015, whether Rinna had formed any plans to do any singing as herself.)
In 1998, Rinna, while six months pregnant with Delilah Belle Hamlin, the first of Harry Hamlin's and her two daughters, posed for a nude pictorial ("Melrose Mom," its title, paid tribute to her role in Melrose Place) and cover shoot for the September issue of Playboy Magazine. She later recounted the instructions given to her by Playboy photographer Deborah Anderson: "'I do not want you long and sinewy and angular and muscular. I want you soft...' This was really hard for me because being 35 years old and posing for Playboy, you want to amp it up."
Rinna and her husband Harry Hamlin jointly owned the Belle Gray clothing boutique in Sherman Oaks, California in 2011. They closed the store in 2012 because by then, both had grown too busy with their respective acting careers for either to be able to spare the time they needed to manage the store any longer.
|1988||Captive Rage||Lucy Delacorte|
|1990||Monday Morning||Susan Pevensie|
|The Hogan Family||Annie Derrick||4 episodes|
|1991||Lies Before Kisses||Adrianne Arness||TV movie|
|Shades of L.A.||Holly||Episode: "Send Up the Clowns"|
|Baywatch||Kelly||Episode: "Thin or Die"|
|1992||Night Sins/Days of Our Lives||Billie Reed||TV movie|
|1992–1995, 2002–2003, 2012–2013||Days of Our Lives||September 18, 1992 – September 28, 1995; July 3, 2002 – January 8, 2003; March 9, 2012 – January 30, 2013|
|1994||Winter Heat/Days of Our Lives||Billie Reed||TV movie|
|1996–1998||Melrose Place||Taylor McBride||66 episodes|
|1997||Close to Danger||Jennifer Cole||TV movie|
|1998||House Rules||Cassiopa 'Cassie' Devine||Episode: "Pilot"|
|Nick Fury: Agent of Shield||Contessa Valentina 'Val' de Allegro Fontaine||TV movie|
|2000||Another Woman's Husband||Laurel McArthur|
|Movie Stars||Amy Wells Hunter||Episode: "The Seduction of Reese Hardin"|
|2001||Oh, Baby||Michelle Grant||TV movie|
|Sex, Lies & Obsession||Joanna Thomas|
|Good Advice||Veronica Simpson|
|2002||My Adventures in Television||Samantha||Episode: "The Chinese Baby"|
|2004||8 Simple Rules||Holly||Episode: "YMCA"|
|Veronica Mars||Lynn Echolls||Episode: "Return of the Kane"|
Episode: "An Echolls Family Christmas"
|2005||Episode: "Clash of the Tritons"|
|2006||Dancing with the Stars||Herself||Main contestant|
|Entourage||Donna Devaney||Episode: "Malibooty"|
|2008||Hannah Montana||Francesca||Episode: "Killing Me Softly with His Height"|
|2010||Community||Mark's Mom||Episode: "The Art of Discourse"|
|Harry Loves Lisa||Herself||Main cast|
|RuPaul's Drag Race||Herself||Episode: "The Snatch Game"|
|2011||Big Time Rush||Brooke Diamond||Episode: "Big Time Moms"|
|The Celebrity Apprentice 4||Herself||Season 11|
|2013||All-Star Celebrity Apprentice||Season 13|
|2014||Sing Your Face Off||Herself||Season 1|
|2014–present||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||Herself||Main cast (season 5–present)|
|2017||The Middle||Tammy Brooks||Episode: "Meet the Parents"|
- "Lisa D. Rinna, Born 07/11/1963". California Birth Index. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- Mendoza, N.F. "Northwest native Lisa Rinna floats from the soaps to living her fashion fantasy". The Seattle Times. Archived from the original on November 24, 2013. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "Lisa Rinna". Biography.com. The Biography Channel. Retrieved April 16, 2017.
- Turnquist, Kristi (November 24, 2014). "Lisa Rinna talks about going home to Medford for Thanksgiving -- and about 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills'". The Oregonian. Retrieved April 16, 2017.
- Rinna, Lisa, cast mem. "Medford, 90210." The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Prod. Felicia Banegas, Thomas Kelly, Chaz Morgan, and John Zerone. Bravo, December 23, 2014. Television.
- Biography, Lisa Rinna's official website, accessed June 22, 2011.
- "Harry Hamlin, Lisa Rinna Hit "Chicago"". CBS News. February 11, 2009. Archived from the original on July 15, 2007.
- Goldberg, Lesley (December 12, 2011). "It's Official: Lisa Rinna Returning to 'Days of Our Lives' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Soap Opera Digest, November 15, 2011 Issue: "Discussions are being had, a deal is being struck, but her first airdate wouldn't be for four or give months. If it works out, I will be happy to have her back."
- Shutter, Rob (August 23, 2012). "Lisa Rinna Leaving 'Days Of Our Lives' For Potential Talk-Show Career". Huffington Post. Retrieved August 23, 2012.
- Harry Hamlin, Lisa Rinna Snag TV Land Reality Show" TV Guide. December 4, 2008. Retrieved on December 5, 2008.
- Elaine Aradillas (February 19, 2009). "Lisa Rinna Reveals Details of Her Playboy Shoot". People.
- "Lisa Rinna to Pose Nude", OK! magazine, December 19, 2008
- Reardanz, Karen (February 27, 2009). "Rinna To Pose for Playboy". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved April 1, 2009.
- Murray, Rheana (April 9, 2012). "Lisa Rinna new voice for 'Depend'". New York Daily News. Retrieved April 16, 2017.
- About Us Archived 2011-09-03 at the Wayback Machine., Belle Gray, accessed June 22, 2011.
- "With Belle Gray Boutique Closing, Celebrity Row Loses Some Sparkle". Sherman Oaks, California Patch. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- "Lisa Rinna Collection". qvc.co. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- "Lisa Rinna Strips Down to Her Birthday Suit for Naked Selfie". E! Online. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- "Lisa Rinna: I Am "No Longer" Speaking About Plastic Surgery", US magazine, February 22, 2010