Lisa Sharkey is the Senior Vice President and Director of Creative Development for HarperCollins Publishers Worldwide, one of the world's leading English-language publishers and a subsidiary of News Corporation. She joined the company in March 2007 after more than two decades in television.
As the Director of Creative Development at HarperCollins, Sharkey has overseen the acquisition of the following books:
- New York Times #1 Best Seller *The 100: Count ONLY Sugar Calories and Lose Up to 18 Lbs. in 2 Weeks by diet and fitness expert Jorge Cruise- From best-selling author and weight loss guru Jorge Cruise comes the next revolution in dieting: The 100 is a myth-busting weight loss program based on cutting-edge research that debunks the conventional calorie-counting formula and pioneers an effortless weight loss method focusing on the real culprit behind America’s obesity epidemic: sugar.
- Napkin Notes by W. Garth Callaghan - Cancer has given Garth Callaghan a new purpose: to inspire parents to connect more with their children even in small ways, as he has done before and since his diagnosis by tucking a napkin note into his daughter’s lunch every day.
- The Greek Diet, by gourmet chef Maria Loi with co-author and veteran health journalist Sarah Toland, The Greek Diet combines classic Mediterranean ingredients like olive oil, yogurt, and honey, turning them into delicious, healthy recipes that satisfy your soul and your palette. Structured around the 12 food pillars of the traditional Greek diet, the book provides 100 healthy, authentic Greek recipes for you to enjoy, as well as a kick-start plan to shed pounds quickly and safely, jumpstarting your journey to a slimmer, healthier, happier you.
- Around the Table by Martina McBride - From the acclaimed country star Martina McBride comes a beautiful book of culinary celebrations, complete with inspiring menus and recipes for the home cook and hostess.
- Organic Avenue, by Organic Avenue found Denise Mari- Replicate the go-to cleanse for Hollywood A-listers at home with this beautifully designed, lavishly illustrated, and inspiring lifestyle book by Denise Mari, founder of Organic Avenue, the hugely popular juice cleansing and raw vegan lifestyle company.
- Hold Me in Contempt, by Wendy Williams- Superstar Wendy Williams brings on the heat in her first-ever, no-holds-barred, down-and-dirty romance novel.
- Unbreak My Heart, by the bestselling solo R&B artist Toni Braxton- In this heartfelt memoir, six-time Grammy Award-winning artist and star of WE TV’s reality hit Braxton Family Values, Toni Braxton writes about her personal life decisions and their impact on her health, family and career.
- Ted Williams, My Father, by Claudia Williams- In this poignant memoir, Claudia Williams, the last surviving child of legendary Boston Red Sox great and Hall of Famer Ted Williams, tells her father’s story, including never-before-told anecdotes about his life on and off the field that reveal the flesh and blood man behind “The Kid.” 
- Own It!, by Tabatha Coffey- From the straight-shooting breakout star of Bravo’s Tabatha Takes Over and author of It’s Not Really About the Hair, Tabatha Coffey shares the secrets of her success in Own It! 
- Etched In Sand, the New York Times Best Selling memoir by Regina Calcaterra- In this story of perseverance in the face of adversity, lawyer, state official, and activist Regina Calcaterra recounts her childhood in foster care and on the streets and how she and her savvy crew of homeless siblings managed to survive years of horrible abuse.
- Exposed: The Secret Life of Jodi Arias by award-winning journalist and bestselling author Jane Velez-Mitchell- Jane Velez-Mitchell, a veteran of some of the most storied court cases in recent memory, goes behind the scenes of the Jodi Arias trial and into the mind of a killer. Using insider accounts from friends who knew Travis and Jodi, Velez-Mitchell turns her sharply-focused lens on Arias and offers her seasoned perspective on the case’s most pressing questions. New York Times Best Seller
- Ask Wendy by American media personality Wendy Williams - the larger-than-life host of the hugely popular “Wendy Williams Show,” dishes out her no-nonsense advice on everything from relationships, parenting, body image, beauty, and more in her trademark vivacious style.
- Raising the Bar by Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas. -two-time Olympic gold medal–winning gymnast Gabrielle Douglas shares photos, quotes, and some of her favorite things, as well as tips on how to stay healthy, look your best, and keep strong under pressure. 
- Grace, Gold, and Glory: My Leap of Faith by Gabby Douglas - The inspirational true story of gymnast Gabby Douglas' life, her journey to the 2012 London Olympics, the struggles she faced along the way, and how her faith gave her the strength to overcome any obstacle.
- Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape - An explosive tell-all look into the hidden world of Scientology's elite, told by Jenna Miscavige Hill, the niece of Scientology leader David Miscavige.
- Let Me Tell You Something - Caroline Manzo, the breakout star and fan favorite of Bravo's hit reality series The Real Housewives of New Jersey tells it like it is as she serves up life lessons and advice on topics from family and relationships to body image and handling life in the public eye.
- Life is a Gift- Beloved pop vocalist Tony Bennett brings to life the multitude of musicians and stars he has known and the life lessons he has learned throughout his five decades as a pop icon.
- Remembering Whitney by Cissy Houston - The definitive account of her daughter Whitney Houston’s astonishing life, groundbreaking career, and death from the only one who truly knows the story behind the headlines, complete with never-before-seen photos.
- One Last Strike- first-ever memoir by World Series-winning baseball manager Tony LaRussa, who takes you inside the dugout of the 2011 World Series, sharing how the hard-won secrets and astute philosophies from throughout his managerial career contributed to this dramatic victory.
- Believe: The Victorious Story of Eric LeGrand (Young Readers' Edition) - The astonishing story of Eric LeGrand, former defensive tackle for Rutgers, whose determination to recover from his devastating injury on the field has inspired thousands of fans and made headlines all over the country.
- Believe: My Faith and the Tackle That Changed My Life- The profoundly affecting story of Eric LeGrand, the former Rutgers defensive tackle, who was left paralyzed after a devastating football accident, and how his faith, positive outlook, and motto “BELIEVE” inspire legions of fans and guide him in his quest to walk again.
- Luck or Something Like It Country music star Kenny Rogers tells the story behind his legendary career, detailing his rise through the ranks of the Nashville country music scene to become one of the top-selling country artists of all time.
- Not Young, Still Restless- A memoir exploring the steps and misteps of the eight-decade career of American actress Jeanne Cooper, best known for her portrayal of Katherine Chancellor on the daytime soap opera The Young and the Restless.
- The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep The latest book by parenting expert and bestselling author of The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block Harvey Karp, in which he turns his unparalleled insight to solving parents’ #1 concern: poor sleep.
- Amy, My Daughter an account of Amy Winehouse's life, music, and untimely death, by her father Mitch Winehouse, who reveals his daughter’s private life during her time in the public eye. The book is scheduled for publication in summer 2012.
- Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony- Jeff Ashton, leader of the prosecution team in the sensational Casey Anthony trial, gives his insider account of the investigation, the trial, and the acquittal that shocked the nation. With behind the scenes information, including the explosive details that have never been made public, Ashton details what the prosecution got right, what they got wrong, and why he remains completely convinced of Casey Anthony’s guilt. Imperfect Justice is slated to become a Lifetime movie starring Rob Lowe.
- My Cross to Bear- a memoir by rock icon Gregg Allman of The Allman Brothers Band, to be published in March 2012. For the first time, Allman will tell the story of his career in his own words, opening up about his long struggle with substance abuse, the death of his brother, and life in one of rock music’s most legendary bands.
- Dollhouse - the upcoming debut novel by the Kardashian sisters, Kim Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian, and Kourtney Kardashian, stars of E!'s hit reality show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The sisters will use the crazy stories, gossip, and drama from their own lives as the inspiration for this fictional account of what it really takes to be a Hollywood "It Girl"
- How I Got This Way - a new memoir by bestselling author Regis Philbin in which the beloved TV icon shares the secrets to success and happiness as he has learned them from his innumerable celebrity encounters, friendships, and of course, from his relationship with his loving wife and family.
- How to Love an American Man - Fans of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love will be drawn to this endearing, poignant, and unforgettable memoir of love, self-discovery, and enduring, old-fashioned values as debut author Kristine Gasbarre shares lessons on life and love learned from her grandmother when she ends up moving back home to small town Pennsylvania after her beloved grandfather's death.
- Through My Eyes - the inspiring memoir by Tim Tebow, former University of Florida star quarterback and 2010 first-round draft pick for the Denver Broncos. A devout Christian, Tebow tells the story of his faith, his life, and his career in football, giving fans a first look into the heart of an athlete whose talent and devotion have made him one of the most provocative figures in the sport. New York Times Bestseller
- The EveryGirl's Guide to Life - Maria Menounos, host of Access Hollywood and a young star in both the entertainment world and news industry, shares her experiences and practical tips that every girl, famous or not famous, wealthy or not wealthy, can use to achieve a more successful, prosperous and healthy appearance and, most importantly, a more successful, prosperous and healthy life. New York Times Bestseller
- All My Life, a memoir by Susan Lucci - As the most famous face in daytime television history, Susan Lucci has held audiences spellbound for years as Erica Kane on ABC-TV’s All My Children—the sexy, sassy, beautiful “woman you love to hate.” Now, in her long awaited autobiography, she will, no doubt, hold readers captive as the sexy, sassy, beautiful “woman you love to love.” New York Times Bestseller
- Red - the #1 New York Times bestselling memoir by Sammy Hagar. Hagar, one of rock music’s most successful and notorious singers, tells the story of his life in music—from his raucous solo career to his decade-long journey as lead singer for Van Halen and everything in between.
- The Dressmaker of Khair Khana, true story of an entrepreneur who brought hope to the lives of dozens of women in war-torn Afghanistan, written by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, a former reporter for ABC News.
- Harmony - In HARMONY, the Prince of Wales describes his views on climate change for the first time, presenting a compelling case that the solution to this problem lies in our ability to regain our balance with nature. There is also a children's book version, similarly titled HARMONY.
- True Whit - Star of MTV’s hit show The City, Whitney Port shares her own personal stories and secrets on fashion, beauty, guys and making it in the big city with style in a guide for girls complete with behind-the-scene photos from her life off-camera.
- Between a Heart and a Rock Place - Pat Benatar, one of the greatest female rock stars of all time unleashes the true story of her life, rock n roll, and how her generation changed the face of music forever. New York Times Bestseller
- The 100 Thing Challenge - a book that is not only the story of how one ordinary man, Dave Bruno, started a movement to unhook himself from consumerism by winnowing his life’s possessions down to 100 things in one year, it’s also an inspiring, invigorating look at how we all can begin to live simpler, more meaningful lives.
- L.A. Candy - the debut novel by Lauren Conrad, star of MTV’s #1 show, The Hills, is the first in an exciting new series that offers a scandalous peek into the life of a reality TV star, dishing Hollywood gossip and drama at every turn. #1 New York Times Bestseller
- Messages - a collection of true stories about the spiritual and paranormal experiences of those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001, told by the wife of a 9/11 victim. New York Times Bestseller
- Newspaper Blackout - Newspaper article + sharpie = Newspaper Blackout Poetry: Instead of starting with a blank page, poet Austin Kleon grabs a newspaper and a permanent marker and eliminates the words he doesn’t need.
- The 10 Things You Need To Eat - a hip, straightforward and appealing guide for understanding and incorporating the 10 most healthy foods into your diet by New York Times health columnist Anahad O’Connor and Food Network chef Dave Lieberman. New York Times Bestseller
- Notes Left Behind - the heartbreaking and true story of young Elena Desserich’s battle with brain cancer, told through the eyes of the parents who survived her and whose mission it has become to share their daughter’s inspiring message and to remind other parents to cherish the moments they have with their own children. New York Times Bestseller
- Out of Captivity - Surviving 1967 Days in the Colombian Jungle, as told by three men held captive for five years by Colombian guerrilla fighters. New York Times Bestseller
- Stolen Innocence, the memoirs of Elissa Wall, the former member of the FLDS polygamist sect whose testimony helped convict sect leader Warren Jeffs in September 2007. New York Times Bestseller
- Letters to a Bullied Girl: Messages of Healing and Hope - an inspiring and eye-opening collection of letters from targets of bullies, bullies themselves and those who have witnessed the effects of bullying all sent as part of a letter writing campaign to lift the spirits of a bullied girl, Olivia. Teaches young people how to care for one another in acts of kindness.
- Here's the Story - an autobiography by actress Maureen McCormick which offers insight into the Brady Bunch star’s personal and professional struggles. New York Times Bestseller
- Pet Food Nation - an up-to-date manual for dog and cat owners on the most nutritionally sound way to feed their pets—without relying on commercially-made pet food—and thus better protecting the pets’ health from potentially dangerous consequences in an unregulated industry.
- Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith, by Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalee Holloway, an 18-year-old student who disappeared on May 30, 2005 during a high school senior class trip to Aruba. New York Times Bestseller
- The Undecided Voter's Guide to the Next President - an engaging and readable guide, by Mark Halperin of ABC News and Time magazine, to the issues and debates facing the undecided voter in the 2008 national election.
From 2000 to 2005 Sharkey was Senior Producer for ABC's Good Morning America where she oversaw GMA's on-air contributors and produced the second hour of the show. She ran the GMA medical unit, the financial news unit, headed up the consumer investigative team, the parenting unit, the home improvement and safety areas, and created and implemented multiple magazine partnerships. Sharkey also seniorproduced GMA's Weddings as well as many other sweeps specials and big television events for the show.
Prior to working at GMA, Lisa was a Senior Producer at Inside Edition where she oversaw coverage of stories such as the exclusives with Paula Jones and Mary Kay Letourneau. Sharkey has also written for news programs at CBS News, line produced and senior produced the news at WCBS, WNYW, WPIX,and KETC.
A two-time Emmy Award winner and ten-time Emmy nominee, Sharkey was the President of Al Roker Entertainment in New York City from 2005 to 2007. Projects there included: Executive Producer: "Profiles in Courage: A Kennedy Legacy" for NBC, Executive Producer: "The Quill Book Awards" 2005, 2006 for NBC, Executive Producer: "Al Roker Investigates: Innocence for Sale" and "Al Roker Investigates Meth,Murder and Madness" for Court TV as well as "Honor Deferred" for the History Channel, "Uncovered: The Hidden Lives of Miss USA" for E!, and "Childhood Obesity: The Danger Zone" which aired on The Food Network.
On May 3, 2012 it was announced that the best selling book Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton, which Sharkey acquired, will be made into a Lifetime movie starring Rob Lowe and produced by Fox Television Studios.
Lisa and her husband Paul Gleicher, architect and President of Gleicher Design Group live in one of the country's first total Eco Houses, a "green" brownstone on Manhattan's Upper West Side, where they reside with their three children. Lisa and Paul have written a book on green homes called Dreaming Green: Eco Fabulous Homes Designed to Inspire which was published in November 2008 by Clarkson Potter. Lisa's son Doug Gleicher is one of the members of the music group Upper West. Her sister Tina Sharkey is an online media executive and the former chairman and global president of BabyCenter. Lisa Sharkey holds a degree from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Learmonth, Michael (19 March 2007). "HarperCollins books Sharkey". Variety.
- Anderson, Jessica (30 April 2013). "Gabby Douglas Opens Up On Faith, Family And Finding Time To Sleep, In New Book". Huffington Post.
- http://zondervan.com/news/zondervan-acquires-two-books-us-olympic-gold-medalist-gabby-douglas. Missing or empty
- http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20627374,00.html. Missing or empty
- http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/niece-of-church-of-scientology-leader-miscavige-plans-tell-all-book-with-strange-details/2012/09/24/d31ec69a-06a4-11e2-9eea-333857f6a7bd_story.html. Missing or empty
- http://omg.yahoo.com/news/real-housewife-caroline-manzo-book-deal-064124371.html. Missing or empty
- Rolling Stone (5 June 2012). "Cissy Houston Writing Memoir on Daughter Whitney". Rolling Stone.
- Continuous Sports Desk (26 June 2012). "Eric LeGrand signs two-book deal with HarperCollins Publishing". The Star-Ledger.
- Continuous Sports Desk (26 June 2012). "Eric LeGrand signs two-book deal with HarperCollins Publishing". The Star-Ledger.
- Lewis, Andy (30 August 2011). "Casey Anthony Prosecutor's Book Shoots to No. 1, Publisher Promises 'Explosive' Details". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Ng, Philiana (3 May 2012). "Rob Lowe to Star in Lifetime's Casey Anthony Telepic". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Bosman, Julie (20 May 2011). "Greg Allman Joins the Aging-Rocker Memoir Brigade". The New York Times.
- Heyman, Jessie (28 July 2011). "The Kardashians Announce New Book". Huffington Post.
- Chaney, Jen (8 April 2011). "Susan Lucci's memoir, ‘All My Life'". The Washington Post.
- "Sammy Hagar fills in 'Red' with his colorful life story". USA Today. 16 March 2011.
- Memmott, Carol (15 March 2011). "'Dressmaker': The next big Afghanistan book?". USA Today.
- Schlesinger, Fay (7 October 2010). "Charles, defender of nature: Prince uses book to pledge a duty to the environment". Daily Mail (London).
- Lisa Pulitzer
- "Lisa Sharkey: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Levine, Stuart (3 May 2012). "Lowe cast as prosecutor in 'Casey Anthony' pic". Variety.