|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Spoonauer was born in Rahway, New Jersey, and raised in Freehold Township. She attended Brookdale Community College, where she was spotted (in an acting class) by Clerks director Kevin Smith, who was having difficulty casting the part of Caitlin. He offered her the role and a script, and she later accepted.
According to the documentary Snowball Effect: The Story of Clerks, included on the 10th anniversary DVD release, Anderson proposed to her on the set of the film. Spoonauer's only other film credit is for the Gabe Torres movie Bartender.
Spoonauer died at age 44 on May 20, 2017, due to unknown causes. Clerks co-stars Brian O'Halloran and Marilyn Ghigliotti both shared the news and posted tributes to their personal Facebook accounts on May 23, 2017. Following that, Smith posted a tribute to Spoonauer via his personal Instagram account, that she had died. She is survived by her husband, daughter, and stepson.
- Shooting Clerks (2016) (special thanks)
- Clerks: The Animated Series (2002)
- Bartender (1997)
- Clerks (1994)
- Clerks Actress Lisa Spoonauer Passes Away At Age 44
- Obituary, hasslerfuneralhome.com; accessed May 23, 2017.
- Lee, Maureen (May 23, 2017). "Clerks actress Lisa Spoonauer dies at 44". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "SMODCAST #134". Archived from the original on November 27, 2010. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Miller, Mike (May 23, 2017). "Clerks Actress Lisa Spoonauer Dies At Age 44". People Magazine. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|