April 5, 1961 |
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Occupation(s)||Actress, singer, songwriter|
Lisa Zane (born April 5, 1961) is an American actress and singer.
Zane was born in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of Thalia and William George Zane, Sr., founders of a medical technical school. Her family's original surname, "Zanetakos", was anglicized to "Zane" by her parents. Both of her parents are of Greek descent. She is the older sister of actor Billy Zane.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (December 2011)|
Zane's first film role was in the 1989 movie Heart of Dixie, starring in Gross Anatomy in the same year. Her other early acting roles included Claire in Bad Influence (1990), counselor Maggie Burroughs in Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991), a gynaecologist in Cruel But Necessary (2005), Melina Paros in L.A. Law from 1992 to 1993, JoAnne Meltzer in Profit, Diana in Roar, Le Sage in Dinotopia for Hallmark Entertainment and Sophia Keener in Law and Order in 2006. She provided the voice for She-Hulk in the 1990s cartoon The Incredible Hulk, as well as Charley Davidson in Biker Mice from Mars in the follow-up 2006 series, taking over from Leeza Miller-McGee.
She has originated many roles on stage, making her debut in David Mamet's adaptation of The Cherry Orchard at the Goodman Theatre, going on to perform as Rita in Craig Lucas's Prelude to a Kiss and Cleo in Lyle Kessler's Robbers. Zane has also made many guest appearances on TV shows, including Lifestories: Families in Crisis, The Outer Limits, Judging Amy, and The Division.
She played the part of the "alter ego" in Amanda Eliasch's play "As I Like It" in 2012, and an award winning documentary drama "The Gun the Cake and the Butterfly" (2014) in which she sang with Charles Eliasch  The same year performing in "The girl from Negasaki" a film by Michel Comte based on Madame Butterfly .
2013 Zane performs in The Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles.
- Going Overboard (1989) as Miss Australia
- Gross Anatomy (1989) as Luann
- Heart of Dixie (1989) as M.A.
- The Age of Insects (1990) as Sara
- Bad Influence (1990) as Claire
- Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) as Maggie Burroughs
- Femme Fatale (1991) as Elizabeth/Cynthia/Maura
- Unveiled (1994) as Stephanie Montgomery
- Terrified (1995) as Pearl
- Baby Face Nelson (1995) as Helen Womack
- Profit (1996) as Joanne Meltzer
- Roar (TV series) (1997) as Queen Diana
- The Nurse (1997) as Laura Harriman
- A Table for One (1999) as Ariana Harpwood
- The Secret Pact (2001) as Denise Wokowski
- Monkeybone (2001) as Medusa
- Dinotopia (2002) as LeSage
- Cruel But Necessary (2005) as the Gynecologist
- The Girl from Negasaki 2012 as the Singer.
- The gun the cake and the butterfly 2013 Alter ego.
- Lisa Zane Biography (1961-)
- The Brigadoon of Film Fests
- Dinges, Barnaby (1990-03-18). "Lisa Zane looks soberly at `Influence' Chicago actress has bold words about role and co-star Rob Lowe". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- Billy Zane Interview"BloodRayne"Movie: Tim Nasson
- billy zane
- Zane, Lisa (April 2013). "Britweek/Amanda Eliasch for Opfashart".