This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Elizabeth Frances Zane|
|Born||April 5, 1961|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Occupation(s)||Actress, singer, songwriter|
Zane was born in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of Thalia and William George Zane, Sr., founders of a medical technical school. Her family's original surname, "Zanetakos", was anglicized to "Zane" by her father. Both of her parents are of Greek descent. She is the older sister of actor Billy Zane.
Zane's first film role was in the 1989 movie Heart of Dixie. She starred in Gross Anatomy the same year. Other early acting roles included Claire in Bad Influence (1990), counselor Maggie Burroughs in Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991), the title role in The Nurse (1997) and a cameo as the gynaecologist in the comedy Cruel but Necessary (2005). She was a series regular as Melina Paros in L.A. Law from 1992 to 1993, JoAnne Meltzer in Profit, Diana in Roar, Le Sage in Dinotopia for Hallmark Entertainment and Sophia Keener in Law and Order in 2006. She provided the voice for She-Hulk in the 1990s cartoon The Incredible Hulk, as well as Charley Davidson in Biker Mice from Mars in the follow-up 2006 series, taking over from Leeza Miller-McGee.
She has originated many roles on stage, playing Varya in David Mamet's debut adaptation of The Cherry Orchard at the Goodman Theatre, Rita in Craig Lucas's Prelude to a Kiss and Cleo in Lyle Kessler's Robbers. Zane has also made many guest appearances on TV shows, including Lifestories: Families in Crisis, The Outer Limits, Judging Amy, and The Division.
She played the part of the "alter ego" in Amanda Eliasch's play "As I Like It" in 2012, and an award-winning documentary drama "The Gun the Cake and the Butterfly" (2014), in which she sang with Charles Eliasch. The same year she performed in The Girl from Nagasaki a film by Michel Comte based on Madame Butterfly. In 2013, Zane performed in The Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles.
|1989||Heart of Dixie||M.A.|
|1989||Pucker Up and Bark Like a Dog||Taylor|
|1990||The Age of Insects||Sara|
|1991||The Passion of Martin||Rebecca|
|1991||Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare||Margaret 'Maggie' Burroughs|
|1996||Baby Face Nelson||Helen Womack|
|1996||The First Man|
|1996||The Nervous Breakdown of Philip K. Dick||Tessa||Short|
|1997||The Nurse||Laura Harriman|
|1999||A Table for One||Ariana Harpwood|
|1999||The Lovely Leave||The Wife||Short|
|2001||The Secret Pact||Denise Wokowski|
|2001||The Kidnapping of Chris Burden|
|2005||Cruel but Necessary||Gynecologist|
|2013||The Gun, the Cake and the Butterfly||Opera Singer|
|2013||The Girl from Nagasaki||Jazz Singer|
|2017||Game Day||Ricki's Mom|
|1991||My Life and Times||Lilly||"Millennium"|
|1991||Babe Ruth||Claire Hodgson Ruth||TV film|
|1992||Human Target||Robin||"Chances Are"|
|1992||Middle Ages||Nora Conover||"The Pig in the Python"|
|1992–93||L.A. Law||Melina Paros||Main role (season 7)|
|1994||Natural Selection||Elizabeth Braden||TV film|
|1994||Diagnosis: Murder||Meg Westlin||"The Restless Remains"|
|1994||Lifestories: Families in Crisis||Lori||"Confronting Brandon: The Intervention of an Addict"|
|1994||XXX's & OOO's||Louisia||TV film|
|1995||ER||Diane Leeds||Supporting role (season 1)|
|1995||The Great Defender||Rhoda||"Naked Truth"|
|1995||Her Deadly Rival||Lynne||TV film|
|1995||Iron Man||Madame Masque (voice)||"Beauty Knows No Pain"|
|1996||The Incredible Hulk||She-Hulk (voice)||"Doomed", "Fantastic Fortitude"|
|1996–97||Profit||Joanne Meltzer||Main role|
|1997||Roar||Queen Diana||Main role|
|1998||The Outer Limits||Natalie Grainger||"Sarcophagus"|
|2000||Stolen from the Heart||Karen Ravetch||TV film|
|2000||Missing Pieces||Renata||TV film|
|2002–03||Dinotopia||Le Sage||TV series|
|2003||Judging Amy||Mrs. Novins||"Ye Olde Freedom Inn"|
|2003||Dragnet||Deborah Larson||"The Brass Ring"|
|2004||The Division||Lisa||"It's the Real Thing"|
|2006||Law & Order||Sophia Keener||"Cost of Capital"|
|2006||Murder in My House||Roxanne||TV film|
|2006||Point Pleasant||Anne Gibson||"Let the War Commence", "Mother's Day"|
|2006–07||Biker Mice from Mars||Charley / Various (voice)||Recurring role (season 1)|
|2017||Chicago Justice||Judge Fotis||"Uncertainty Principle"|
- "Biography of Lisa Zane". Internet Movie Database. Amazon.com.
- "Lisa Zane Biography (1961-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- Karamitsos, Maria A. (October 5, 2010). "Lisa Zane to Perform at Katerina's". Usa.greekreporter.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- The Brigadoon of Film Fests Archived June 16, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Dinges, Barnaby (March 18, 1990). "Lisa Zane looks soberly at `Influence' Chicago actress has bold words about role and co-star Rob Lowe". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved December 3, 2010.
- "Wild About Movies - 2018 Movies and 2019 Movies In Theaters". Wild About Movies. Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- billy zane Archived February 20, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- "Movies". Nytimes.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- "Music – Music News, New Songs, Videos, Music Shows and Playlists from MTV". Mtv.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- "'As I Like It' Review- Before Kim Kardasian or Paris Hilton There Was Amanda Eliasch". Lasplash.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- Moore, Booth; Tschorn, Adam (April 29, 2013). "Brit Week event honors fashion designer Pam Hogg". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- "Brit Week Bliss, Even in High Heels". Personalchefapproach.info. April 30, 2013. Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 16, 2015. Retrieved April 4, 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- McNary, Dave; McNary, Dave (November 25, 2012). "'Madame Butterfly' retelling wraps production". Variety.com. Retrieved February 12, 2019.